shfs/user: share cache full

wishie

I recently swapped out an old 750G WD Green Hard Disk for a 120G Kingston SSD as my Cache drive.

After moving all my Docker app data etc over to the new cache drive, I booted up, assigned the new disk, and assumed everything was ok.

I will try to explain this as best I can.

1) If i try to create a new folder on my 'Movies' share, i get an error in the syslog "shfs/user: share cache full" and the new folder is created directly in the array, NOT on the cache drive.

2) If I SSH into the server and try to create a new folder in /mnt/user/Movies/ I see the same error, and the folder is instead created in the array, on one of the data drives.

3) If I SSH into the server and manually create /mnt/cache/Movies/newfolder/ it shows up as expected in the 'Movies' share.

In short, it seems that 'shfs' thinks the cache disk is full, and refuses to write to it. All other methods of writing to the disk are fine, however.

Attached is the output of 'df' and 'ls -la' on the /mnt dir, and my complete syslog

df.txt

ls.txt

syslog.tar.gz

I used to have an OLD Kingston 120GB SSD as a cache drive.  I had plenty of trouble with it.  Mover didn't want to do it's job causing the drive to fill.  It also disappeared from the system on multiple occasions.  I moved that drive to another computer and it works fine as an OS drive.  I'm currently using an OCZ Vertex 3 drive for cache and so far no problems.

What do you have for Minimum free space on that share?

I went to "General Share Settings" -> "Cache Drive" and saw a 20Gb limit.. I lowered that to 0KB, but still have the issue, even after a reboot. My config files in the original post should reflect that.

That said, this morning after the mover has moved 78Gb of stuff, I can successfully use the cache drive.. I wonder if there is a setting somewhere that isn't being updated properly? I had that yesterday with a plugin too.. A 'corrupt' config file that wouldn't update, but appeared to work fine from the WebUI.

Hmm,

So the "Minimum Free Space" setting for a user share, such as 'Movies' takes into account the space on the cache drive?

The help on the WebUI says:

The minimum free space available to allow writing to any disk belonging to the share.

Choose a value which is equal or greater than the biggest single file size you intend to copy to the share. Include units KB, MB, GB and TB as appropriate, e.g. 10MB.

I always assumed this was the minimum free space on any DATA drive belonging to the share, NOT including the cache drive. That would make sense to me.. Because while you don't want your DATA disks to sit at full capacity for a long period of time, running the cache disk 'close to the metal' for a few hours would be considered perfectly fine.

So if my assumptions above are correct, I propose that the "Minimum Free Space" of the share should be only for DATA disks, not the CACHE.

Thoughts?