upgrading from 4.7 pro to 6.x pro

tmp31416

(i hope this is the right board to ask this)

i knew some time ago that i'd need to lifecycle my existing server and when tom had a promo a few moons back, to purchase another key at a reduced price, i pounced on the opportunity.  even though i did buy the key, i didn't do anything with it as i didn't have the required hardware for a new box.  i've been saving my money since and recently purchased the necessary hardware, with trucks now showing up at my door every other day.

i will soon have all the required parts and will need to, huh, "cash in" that key.  considering the changes in unraid price structure, can i assume that i can get a "pro" key for 6.1.3?

cheers.

p.s.: i can provide the order number for that "unRAID Server Second-Key" if necessary.

p.p.s.: when i made that 30usd purchase way back when, i did specify (copy-paste) "For Future Use.I don't have another flash drive yet.I would like to get a 2nd "pro" key (I already have a "pro" key).Thank you."

very good to know that this 30usd (iirc) should yield me a 6.1.3 pro key.

a very good investment indeed.    :)

i did e-mail sales@limetech before itimpi replied and am awaiting a reply. 

will now look at the upgrade cost (from 4.7 to 6.x) to get another key, as i am thinking of upgrading the internals of my old server (and giving it a good dusting/cleaning) once my new one is built and the data been copied over.  might as well have a backup server to hold the super-critical stuff off-site.

will now look at the upgrade cost (from 4.7 to 6.x) to get another key, as i am thinking of upgrading the internals of my old server (and giving it a good dusting/cleaning) once my new one is built and the data been copied over.  might as well have a backup server to hold the super-critical stuff off-site.

There is no upgrade cost for unRAID itself.  Your 4.7 key will work fine with v6.  Of course if you upgrade the hardware then there is a cost for that.

Archived