Does this hardware works.

Hey i want to upgrade my hardware in my unraid build. So i can install windows 8 and game on it.

i have looked at these 2 motherboards ASRock Z97 Extreme4 or ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional

most the last one because it has 8 sata and 1 esata ports.

the cpu i have found Intel Core i7-4790 HR

and for now i have a 750ti GPU that i will upgrade later when i got more money.

But will all these things work together and be able to use with a windows 10 gaming VM.

I am running very different hardware but have the same GPU. I have had good success with my Asus Strix 750 Ti being passed through to a Win10 vm. I had it working with Win7 and Win8 during testing as well.

Some key things that made my 750 Ti usable were the MSI registry patch and CPU pinning. I eventually isolated CPU cores for my gpu vm and after that it runs great. I have bench-marked the 750Ti  under the vm using GFXBench and it seems to be on par with those of others using 750Ti cards.

Hey i want to upgrade my hardware in my unraid build. So i can install windows 8 and game on it.

i have looked at these 2 motherboards ASRock Z97 Extreme4 or ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional

most the last one because it has 8 sata and 1 esata ports.

the cpu i have found Intel Core i7-4790 HR

and for now i have a 750ti GPU that i will upgrade later when i got more money.

But will all these things work together and be able to use with a windows 10 gaming VM.

I'm using the Z87 Professional and it's been great.  I know the Z97 is newer, but I would expect it to work just as well.

I have the Z97 Extreme 4 and it works very well, however you will likely need to use the acs downstream option as it doesn't properly segregate devices into their own IOMMU groups.

If you only have a single GPU installed, this may not be an issue, but all 16X (sized, not wired) slots get grouped together.