Seagate 8TB $220 expire at 11:59PM PT on Sunday, 11/29/2015

interwebtech

What are you using for parity? Reviews on NewEgg are mixed but overall seem to say that the drive works fine. I'm worried that for parity it might be slow but am intrigued for sure! I'm clearing a 5TB normal drive now for parity but for the size these seem a pretty good deal if they work well. I'm using a cache drive so write speed might not be too big a deal however parity checks could really drag out?

Ahhh ok.  I'll be honest I haven't built an unRaid in a few years (it just keeps on cooking at v4!) so is configuring a RAID0 parity something that can be done now in unRaid itself or do you do it in hardware and then present it?  Thanks!

Hardware. Using the Areca ARC-1231ML to create the volume across two ports and the rest of the ports as JBOD.

Ordered 5 to go with 2 of the 4gb HGST and a 500GB SSD Cache drive to go in a Silverstone DS380B.  Still have room for 1 more 8TB.  That will put me at 48TB, more than what I have in my current Norco 4224 fully populated with 2TB drives ;)  The Norco can become a backup/offload server I guess.  It's ticked along for so many years I feel bad putting her out to pasture!

Archived