Is there a Docker for Amazon Cloud Drive?

ryryonline

I just took advantage of the Amazon Unlimited Cloud Drive for $5 today. Is there a docker available that would let me specify certain shares to automatically sync (or at least upload new changes) to Amazon Cloud Drive?

My goal is to have my most important files saved in case of theft, fire, act of nature, etc.

Note: I currently have CrashPlan, but $5 is too good a deal to pass up. Therefore, I will probably let CrashPlan expire.

Yup. There could also be another deal. Plus, as a Prime Member, I get unlimited photos for the cost of the membership. I figure I would try it out for a year and see what happens.

While I can just run the Amazon Cloud Drive app in a VM (Win 10), I'd rather it be done in a container without much maintenance.

Also, in reply to your original question, yes. The Community Applications repo has an S3 backup that works with both S3 and Glacier.

I could be wrong, but I don't think S3 or Glacier are the same as Amazon Cloud Drive. The former are pay as you use service whereas Cloud Drive is similar to something like Dropbox or Carbonite.

Also, in reply to your original question, yes. The Community Applications repo has an S3 backup that works with both S3 and Glacier.

I could be wrong, but I don't think S3 or Glacier are the same as Amazon Cloud Drive. The former are pay as you use service whereas Cloud Drive is similar to something like Dropbox or Carbonite.

You're absolutely right. I didn't realize that you wanted to use the Cloud Drive because the original post didn't specify, and I had already stuck the idea in my head that you were looking for S3 access. Sorry about that.

I have nothing further to contribute that would be useful. I'm new here as well, so I'll be interested to see the answer to your question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I took advantage of the $5 cloud drive as well. It's normally $60 a year and I plan on continuing it. They do provide apps for PC and Mac for it, but for the most part they leave that part up to third party developers. There are dozens of apps that can be used for Cloud Drive as well as other cloud storage services. They all have varying features and uses though. I use Goodsync but am waiting for version 10 to come out of beta as it has file and filename encryption. They offer a free Linux CLI version as well, which I think would be a good fit. I'll likely look into making my own plugin for it once 10 comes out.

• 2 months later...

Been working to get this going myself this is working and this is where it is.

get the docker sedlund/acdcli which uses yadayada acd_cli

configure as documented on the sedlund/acdcli docker home page.

You can have a share on your unraid NAS which you can run a command from the unraid host to kick off a job that will backup your directory to the cloud or file using the docker instance.

It is a bit twonky but I got about 100Gig uploaded for my initial sync so far.

It is not super clean but is possible to get this done without a VM or odrive or any other 3rd party software.