ASUS H81M-PLUS and USB Booting

Phil_UK

Hi all,

I've searched the forum for this motherboard but can't find the answer to my question...

I've just discovered unRAID and quite like what I see and I am looking to trial it for my PLEX content and general Home NAS use. My old PC would not boot to the USB drive, even though this was set in the BIOS, but as that was an old Athlon x2 I decided to upgrade anyhow. I've just replaced the Mobo with an ASUS H81M-Plus and an Intel i3 for this new unRAID server but I am stumped again with booting to USB.

Now you're likely thinking the unRAID USB I created is faulty, but it isn't as I can boot to it if I manually select the USB from the boot menu and I also tried it on my laptop, which works. However it will not auto boot from the USB, when I start the system it just goes into the BIOS\UEFI screen (as no bootable device found). I have checked Secure Boot and CSM and played with all those options but still cannot get it to auto boot to USB. I can auto boot to a Win10 Pro USB stick I have on this same system so that does work, but unRAID will not.

Anyone got this Mobo to work with unRAID? Appreciate your help if you have.

Archived