Seagate drives command timeout

Something changed in UnRaid since 6.1.3 that is causing these errors to be reported.

As mentioned previously in the other dozen threads about this, it is the default smart attributes being monitored that changed in 6.1.4 and up.

Previously this attribute was ignored.

Now its monitored by default.

Seagate fluctuates this attribute too much during normal use that its nearly meaningless to monitor for changes.

Meaningless to monitor for change but now monitored by default, brilliant.

Its only meaningless for seagate and many users avoid seagates because of issues in the past so this didn't get found out until it was used by those who had seagates.

Thus it is a learning experience for everyone so dont be so harsh, otherwise dont be surprised if people take their own unpaid free time and spend it on a project where the community appreciates their contributions more.

I've noticed this for some time on 2 of my drives, however as stated it's nothing to be alarmed by.

Just because it is now indicated as an issue (indicator) doesn't mean the issue wasn't there before!

It just now reports it, and for that I am thankful (and the ability to change it if I don't like it).

The value on one of mine is some ridiculous 3 million value, and the drive performs as expected.

Is UnRaid free now?

UnRAID is not, however the WebUI is opensource and very much done with bonienl (and maybe some others in the background) and his spare/free time.

The attibrute DOES matter for other drives, so it should be reported.

I also have other Seagate's which do not show this as a reported problem.... So, it very truly could be an issue, and for that, wouldn't you want to know it?..

At that point you the user can make a decision if the risk is worth taking, if not you see a green "all is good" when a reported attribute is outside of the threshold to be a problem.