Coachpotato docker/setup guide?

Jawswing

I managed to get Sabnzbd and Sick Beard set up the other week with some help from someone on this forum. I'm now looking to set up Coackpotato, but, it seems different to set up.

So...

/config - /mnt/user/appdata/couchpotato

/downloads - /mnt/user/downloads/

/movies - /mnt/user/Movies/

I'm pretty sure those are all set up correctly.

I know where to put the usenet details and such, that seems easy enough.

I'm a little unsure where to save the directory for NZB files, or does it make a difference? The default is set to /home, do I set it to /download (where my downloads are meant to go?) or do I keep at as /home.

I'm also most confused with the Category (for Sabnzbd). With Coachpotato I had to set up a script, so it'd move stuff to my /television folder. But I can't seem to find anything about a script for Coachpotato.

I managed to get Sabnzbd and Sick Beard set up the other week with some help from someone on this forum. I'm now looking to set up Coackpotato, but, it seems different to set up.

So...

/config - /mnt/user/appdata/couchpotato

/downloads - /mnt/user/downloads/

/movies - /mnt/user/Movies/

I'm pretty sure those are all set up correctly.

I know where to put the usenet details and such, that seems easy enough.

I'm a little unsure where to save the directory for NZB files, or does it make a difference? The default is set to /home, do I set it to /download (where my downloads are meant to go?) or do I keep at as /home.

I'm also most confused with the Category (for Sabnzbd). With Coachpotato I had to set up a script, so it'd move stuff to my /television folder. But I can't seem to find anything about a script for Coachpotato.

Using Sonarr vs Sickbeard means you can get rid of your script and get support for shows with seasons by year vs number, among other benefits.  Also suggest using the API key for Sab in the Couchpotato setup so you don't have to fiddle with the NZB files.  In sab, under config-categories, create a 'couchpotato' category with folder/path as 'movies' or whatever you want to call the folder that will have your downloaded content in.  In couch, settings-downloaders-Sabnzbd, fill out the info for your Sab install including host (full IP:port), the API key from Sab, enter 'couchpotato' (or whatever the name of the category you used in Sab category setup in previous step) in the category field.  Then test.  If the IP:port and API are correct it will pass.

In Couch, configure the Renamer which will then take the files from /downloads/movies (or whatever you used in place of 'movies' path on sab category config above), process them however you want it configured, then move them to the completed location, which is /movies in your case.  When done correctly it is all automagic.

• 2 months later...

I am having trouble setting this up correctly as well.

I am just trying to get Plex, Sabnzbd, and Couch Potato working together "automagically" but I feel like I'm missing something, specifically I feel like I'm doing volume mappings incorrectly. Here are my volume mappings for the Plex, Sabnzbd, and Couch Potato:

Plex

/config - /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer

/media - /mnt/user/movies/1 - HD x264/

/television - /mnt/user/television/

Sabnzbd

/config - /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd

/downloads - /mnt/cache/sabnzbd/

Couch Potato

/config - /mnt/cache/appdata/couchpotato

/downloads - /mnt/cache/couchpotato/downloads

/movies - /mnt/cache/couchpotato/movies

As you can see, almost everything is mapped to the Cache drive, except for the location of media and television in Plex.

When I use Couch Potato, it downloads via Sabnzbd into /mnt/cache/sabnzbd.

1. But then within Couch Potato, I can't see /mnt/cache/sabnzbd, I can only see /mnt/cache/coachpotato

2. And even if I could fix this, how is Couch Potato ever supposed to move the files into a share that it can't even see because of the volume mapping limits it to only /mnt/couchpotato

3. Are these the only 3 docker apps that I need, or do I need a separate app like FileBot to move things around and rename things? - I hope not, because Filebot doesn't seem to have a WebUI so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here.

I've basically tried to keep the Docker Apps separated and on the Cache Drive and then I was eventually hoping to move things to the parity protected shares "automagically", but it seems that the way that I've set things up has made that idea impossible.

How exactly are you supposed to set these apps up so that this works?