Who uses PCI IDE Card(s)?

trueimage

is there any performance increase with an ATA/100 drive over the older card?

2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640A 750GB Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive w/16MB Buffer

1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3400633A 400GB Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive w/16MB Buffer

That's what I'm using...

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any luck with the Silicon Image 0680A series PCI IDE controller?  I can't seem to get unRaid to recognize it, although it is detected during boot and worked ok in Windows.

If not, I'll drop the dime on a Promise card.

Thx!

**Update - popped in the promise card mentioned in this thread and everything is clicking along great.

Also, did you go with SATA or IDE?

I have an ABIT KV7, bios patched up to the latest on the ABIT site.  (v20 I think?)  I'm using one Promise SATA and one Promise IDE.  What is really strange, is that when I try to use the onboard IDE's and SATA's performance drops to the floor.    I could never get my cheap STLab PCI IDE to be recognized within unRAID.    >:(

Currently, I am avoiding using the onboard IDE and SATA ports.  If anyone has any ideas as to why performance is terrible using the onboard IDE ports, PLEASE let me know!  I'd love to be able to include them in the array.

• 3 weeks later...