Best Practices Questions

I will have to apologize, since I am not quite sure I understand your last response.

I am trying to have it so Share only allows certain users to access it.  I have setup a couple users.

When I set the share to be Hidden and Private, a login prompt comes up when I try to access that share.  However, after entering my user credentials, the login prompt just keeps coming up.  I have checked to make sure that the user(s) I have created are allowed access (read/write) on the share in question.

Is there a reason why the login prompt would keep coming up?

Remote access and backuping up a remote computer would be on my list of reasons to build an unraid, what do you feel about remote access if used with owncloud and a SSL cert?

I want to backup my mobile photos on the go and backup families computers for them.

When you say.

2) Access to files remotely

Do you mean from out side your network? If so honestly its something I wouldn't recommend for security reasons. Your data is to valuable to dangle out there and take the chance of somebody else tinkering with.