Cache drive not being used

tj80

Hi,

I upgraded from 4.7 to 6 today - much, much more straightforward than I had originally feared!  Now I have also bought a licence I have tried to add a cache drive.  Unfortunately, although it appears to be all set up there is no improvement at all in write speeds and, tellingly, the write count for the cache drive remains firmly at 0 even after writing a large test file.

The drive has been previously used and is showing up as being in vfat format - not sure if this is ok or if it should be reiserfs or btfs?  I cannot find a way of reformatting it at all!  The array starts, it shows as a cache drive and "Use cache drive" is set to Yes in Global Share Settings.

What am I missing?

Many thanks,

Tim

vfat is not supported. There seems to be a bug that allows already formatted disks to be added in the cache slot. Remove it from the cache slot then preclear it. When you add it back unRAID will format it.

Also, in addition to the Global settings, each user share has a setting for using the cache drive. The cache drive only caches user share writes and will not be used if writing directly to a specific disk.

Archived