Junk? or good score? I have no idea.

Spuds

So my place of employment renovated the entire building including their server cabinet. I asked my boss what they were doing with the old one and he said "make it disappear". So I'm pretty new to the home server world, basically full ATX towers, so I have no idea what I just inherited. Is this cabinet a gateway drug or just a piece of scrap metal? Maybe I can turn it into a storage cabinet for paints and such in the work shop, I'm pretty handy that way.

http://imgur.com/a/QZBxi   

uploaded 4 images, let me know and thanks!

:)

Is that a Half Rack? To me it looks a little larger. I have a full size rack sitting in my garage that I need a home for lol.

27U rack, so from a server room perspective, yes it's a half rack. Still, sizable for a home user, also happens to the size I have for my apartment (mine is AV and networking).

So my place of employment renovated the entire building including their server cabinet. I asked my boss what they were doing with the old one and he said "make it disappear". So I'm pretty new to the home server world, basically full ATX towers, so I have no idea what I just inherited. Is this cabinet a gateway drug or just a piece of scrap metal? Maybe I can turn it into a storage cabinet for paints and such in the work shop, I'm pretty handy that way.

http://imgur.com/a/QZBxi   

uploaded 4 images, let me know and thanks!

:)

That patch panel is the wrong place (slightly too low, by one hole). Biggest thing is getting a jar of cage nuts, screws, and rear lacing bars.