[SOLVED] Cannot Access Disk On a Share

CRD

I've just finished changing over to XFS on all drives which involved moving. I did 1 disk move at any given time and verified (reading, opening, etc) them each time before I proceed to the next did, everything seemed to go OK.

Then I swapped Disk 3 and 5 slots as per this link: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_is_the_safe_way_to_rearrange_disk_numbers.2C_assignments.2C_slots.2C_etc.3F because I wanted them organised in a certain way.

And now my Disk 3 (now disk 5) shares are lost and I cannot access the disk, it prompts me for a username/password in Windows. The main page is showing that, based on size stats, that my files are still there. It sounds like a permission issue.

I've attached a screenshot of the shares from before my previous move with all my shares at the time, including Disk 3 (Now Disk 5). And also added a screenshot of what it looks like now. I'm currently running a parity check even though on the disk slot swap parity was valid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Not_Cool.JPG.ce6fd8e10d8cbf8967510ce1c5d3025c.JPG

Disk_Shares_07_02_2016.JPG.2d437751e7df156bf052234e640a0515.JPG

monkey-diagnostics-20160213-0939.zip

I've just finished changing over to XFS on all drives which involved moving. I did 1 disk move at any given time and verified (reading, opening, etc) them each time before I proceed to the next did, everything seemed to go OK.

Then I swapped Disk 3 and 5 slots as per this link: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_is_the_safe_way_to_rearrange_disk_numbers.2C_assignments.2C_slots.2C_etc.3F because I wanted them organised in a certain way.

And now my Disk 3 (now disk 5) shares are lost and I cannot access the disk, it prompts me for a username/password in Windows. The main page is showing that, based on size stats, that my files are still there. It sounds like a permission issue.

I've attached a screenshot of the shares from before my previous move with all my shares at the time, including Disk 3 (Now Disk 5). And also added a screenshot of what it looks like now. I'm currently running a parity check even though on the disk slot swap parity was valid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Edit: Funnily enough I can access them via explorer.... I've messed up my shares somehow....

Folders.JPG.a7d34838482d9a91d3ec5d817fbf4635.JPG

Looks like you have set your shares to include only certain disks so you may need to check those settings since you have renumbered your disks.

Also, you seem to have accidentally created a user share named disk5 which will definitely make things confusing.

I'll try and correct the user share names and see if that works, thanks.

And you have disk shares enabled so be careful you don't mix disk shares and user shares when you do any copy/move. Probably this has already been mentioned to you in one of your other threads but just wanted to make sure.

Yeah, I've only been doing disk to disk moves also share (from specific disk, one disk at a time only, using unBalance) to disk moves and all went well.