System Temp and auto fan control

I have a supermicro  X8DTT-F-SG007 Rev.2 motherboard and I have Dynamix system temperature and Dynamix auto fan control installed.

When configureing Dynamix System Temperature I detect two drivers: coretemp and w83795 and when I set my temperature sensors, all of them will set sucessfully accept for the array fan speed which is the w83795.

When I try to set the array fan speed and apply changes all of the set temperature sensors will reset and I will not be able to set them again nor rescan them.

So I tried running sensors in ssh, and it give me this error:

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 6: Undeclared bus id referenced
sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

here is my sensors.conf:

# sensors
chip "coretemp-isa-0000"
label "temp3" "CPU Temp"
chip "coretemp-isa-0000"
label "temp2" "MB Temp"
chip "w83795adg-i2c-0-2f"
label "fan1" "Array Fan"

So I removed line 6 and 7 from this file and saved it, and now im able to set the cpu and motherboard temp again without using the array fan speed

My other issue is in the auto fan controller where the fans will continuously change speed about every 5 seconds and the fans will not adjust accordingly to the temperatures. 

I also have two available options for PWM controller and I dont know which one to use.

How do I set my low and high temperature threshold?

and what does the refresh interval mean?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have an HP ML10 Gen9 Server.

This server should have from my understanding a Mainboard Temp Sensor and an Ambient Temp Sensor.

I installed dynamix system temp and I got the results from the attached picture.

1st question: I guess that apcitz temp 0 is the mainboard (higher value) and the apcitz temp 1 the ambient sensor (a little bit lower temperature)?

2nd question: Can I also display the ambient sensor in addition to the mainboard sensor?

3rd question: what could be the jc42 temp?

Br,

Johannes

sensors.jpg