Plex HDHR Viewer install help please

squirrellydw

For anyone that doesn't know the HDHR Viewer is a plugin for Plex and the HDHomeRun.  It allows you to watch Live TV on Plex.  I have it setup and working but I would like to get guide data working.  Here is the link to the program and install instructions.

http://hdhrviewer.zynine.net/hdhrviewerv2-initial-setup/xmltv-zap2xml/

I'm using Johnodon zap2xml to download the xmlv.xml file.  Below are the settings I have in the HDHR Viewer plugin.  I think the settings are correct but I need to know how to start the .jar file  Can someone please help me.

The XMLTV.XML file is is on my server in /mnt/cache/appdata/zap2xml/data

I have the channel-guide-app-0.0.3.jar and the app-config.yml in this location on my server, same location as HDHR Viewer /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

The path in my app-config.yml is /mnt/cache/appdata/zap2xml/data/xmltv.xml

In the HDHR Viewer channel I have

XMLTV Mode RESTAPI

XMLTV File Location /mnt/cache/appdata/zap2xml/data/xmltv.xml

XMLTV API URL /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

Any idea how to start the channel-guide-app-0.0.3.jar file?  And how I can have it start whenever I need to reboot my server?

I don't see anything in the link that you provided that leads me to believe that this program can run on Linux. It seems to refer to windows repeatedly.

Also a .jar file usually contains Java files, so I would assume you would need a version of Java to make this work.

• 2 months later...

I'm curious how you got the HDHR Viewer plugin installed at all.

I must have set my PMS up incorrectly on the unraid box.  I moved the hdhrviewer bundle file into the plugins folder but nothing happens. 

This is my appdata share: appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins

As a test I tried downloading the Apple Movie Trailers plugin.  It downloaded and works but nothing populated in that Plug-ins folder and I cant find the .bundle file anywhere.

As far as the docker set up my container volume is just /config and host path is /

I must have set my PMS up incorrectly on the unraid box.  I moved the hdhrviewer bundle file into the plugins folder but nothing happens. 

This is my appdata share: appdata\PlexMediaServer\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins

As a test I tried downloading the Apple Movie Trailers plugin.  It downloaded and works but nothing populated in that Plug-ins folder and I cant find the .bundle file anywhere.

As far as the docker set up my container volume is just /config and host path is /

Sounds like you have really messed up with your dockers. Where did you ever get the idea that a host path of / was acceptable for anything? See the Docker FAQ.

When I get home later tonight I will post my setup.  HDHR Viewer docker is easy to setup.  I just would like to get the guide data working but that's above my head

Archived