6.2 beta18 docker proto error

If the port protocol field in the xml is blank, dockerman leaves a trailing slash after the port mapping and no protocol defined in the docker run command so container install fails.

In the previous stable versions it uses the default tcp as the protocol

If the port protocol field in the xml is blank, dockerman leaves a trailing slash after the port mapping and no protocol defined in the docker run command so container install fails.

You know it's a defective xml, don't you? It's not difficult to patch, but the protocol should always be declared.

You know it's a defective xml, don't you? It's not difficult to patch, but the protocol should always be declared.

But on a incomplete xml with a required field missing (due to a port number being defined), dockerMan shouldn't allow you to install.

But on a incomplete xml with a required field missing (due to a port number being defined), dockerMan shouldn't allow you to install.

I agree and I'll patch it, but it won't make beta19.

Well, even if I fixed all the xmls (which I just did), it would continue being an issue for folks who already have the container installed from before because their xmls would not be updated with the new changes unless they remove and reinstall.

Overall, my bad, though. I remember copying an xml from someone else's repo and I used that as a base for all my xmls. That original one must have been missing it and since it never became an issue I kept using it that way.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well, even if I fixed all the xmls (which I just did), it would continue being an issue for folks who already have the container installed from before because their xmls would not be updated with the new changes unless they remove and reinstall.

Overall, my bad, though. I remember copying an xml from someone else's repo and I used that as a base for all my xmls. That original one must have been missing it and since it never became an issue I kept using it that way.

Thanks

Thanks for reporting, it's fixed in 6.2-Beta20 and the port protocol will now default to tcp when a port protocol isn't specified in the xml.