[SOLVED] Best practice to combine user shares

tmchow

I've created a few user shares, but now i want to combine them all as subfolders under another new user share.

eg. currently have these user shares

share1

share2

share3

I want them all now under

newshare/share1/

newshare/share2/

newshare/share3/

I obviously need to create newshare, but do I just go to the command line and move share1,2,3 under newshare? What happens to the unraid config that had those user shares previously mapped?

Or do i create newshare, create subfolders under it manually in terminal, then move the contents of share1,2,3 to the new 3 subfolders?

Both methods should get you to the same results.

I'd create the share through the unRAID GUI.

Then I would open up the terminal and type mc and transfer files through there.  You should be able to go to /mnt/user/share and move (option 6) as a subdirectory to /mnt/user/newshare.

Now the share will be gone as it has been removed from /mnt/user and it will just be a subdirectory of /mnt/user/newshare.

Both methods should get you to the same results.

I'd create the share through the unRAID GUI.

Then I would open up the terminal and type mc and transfer files through there.  You should be able to go to /mnt/user/share and move (option 6) as a subdirectory to /mnt/user/newshare.

Now the share will be gone as it has been removed from /mnt/user and it will just be a subdirectory of /mnt/user/newshare.

Genius. Worked.

Archived