Moving files from windows pc to unraid

Aftera couple months of collecting parts and research I have finally build myself and unraid box.  I have run into an issue over the last 3 days.  I have been trying to move my media library from a windows pc to unraid.  The windows device keeps freezing.  I then tried a different pc, same result.  I then tried from a external usb to pc, and it worked fine.  The only time it happens is when it's connected to the unraid box.  I'm sure I'm doing something  wrong, but it's driving me nuts as I'll try and move things over go to work or to sleep and it will only get like 5 percent of the way through.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks.

How are you moving the files over to your unraid box?  When you say it worked from an external USB to pc, do you mean an external drive to your windows pc or from an external drive hooked up to your windows pc TO the unraid box?  Is is freezing at the same folder/files?

I'm new to unraid, but I recently moved 12TB of data over via Syncbackpro and while it took a LONG time, I didn't have any issues.  The nice thing of using a program like I did, is if there are any halts or freezes, the program should continue where it left off.  All sync type programs should do the same. 

In my windows pc I'm connecting to my media share and dragging and dropping files from the pc to the unraid box.

Thanks for the replies.

are you saying the Windows box is freezing?  If so then you have some sort of issue on the Windows system itself as there is nothing the unRAID system can do to make the remote system freeze.

In my windows pc I'm connecting to my media share and dragging and dropping files from the pc to the unraid box.

Thanks for the replies.

Forgot to add, turn off any anti-virus software during the transfer and see if that works any better.  Unfortunately just dragging and dropping via Windows Explorer, I feel that moving a large amount of data isn't a good solution for the same reason you mention. 

You could try the free version of syncback, the non pro version.  I'm not sure if there are size limitations or advertising.  There are also a ton of other syncing software programs out there.  Try before you buy!

Another thought is to break up your data in chunks and see if windows explorer works better that way.