Slow transfer speeds

New user here attempting to transfer my movie collection to the the Media share on my unRaid box.

Last night I kicked off the transfer and things looked fine.  Speeds were in the 80-90 MB/s range.  This morning I fully expected the job to be complete but its still running.  Speed is down to less than 1 MB/s.  I killed the job as it would of taken a few weeks to complete at that rate.  I rebooted both the host and client and tried again grabbing about 5 movie files and dragging them over.  Again, started like gangbusters and then the brakes were applied.  Killed the job and tried again using robocopy.  Same thing.  I think the network is ok, I can ping the server and get returns < 1ms.  I can open and play a movie with Plex from the WebGUI.  I can transfer data from my windows computer to an external drive at good speeds. 

Ideas?

Thanks for having a look Squid.

The slow speeds are persistent. 

I can move large files across my network from my desktop to my Synology box at speeds in the 60-80 mb/s range. 

I have disconnected the share from my desktop, re-mapped and still have the issue.

I have deleted the share from my unRAID box, re-created it and tried but still have the issue.

Didn't really notice (and at work so can't really recheck the logs), but are the files being stored on the cache drive?  Anything else bombarding the cache drive at the same time (dockers, etc unpacking movies, etc)

What's happening is that unRaid caches your writes to the system (the 90MB/s rate) in RAM, and once its full begins to store it on the array / cache drive, and that's when it slows down).

I have caching disabled for that share and have had Plex disabled since the problem began.

The really strange thing is that last week I was able to upload files at a good clip.

Amount of ram (16 gb ECC) shouldn't be a problem unless something is hammering it. 

Attached is a screen shot of System Status during on of the slow transfers.  Seems to be just loafing along.

I tried again with caching enabled on that share and went from 3 mb/s to 9. 

Still a far cry from last week.

System_Status.jpg.e4894423554563495a24e44905413f82.jpg