We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Question about GPU passthrough.

Bugman1400

I am trying out 6.2 Beta21, does this version still require 2 video cards if your CPU does not have a GPU? I have a Xeon E3-1200 v3 Processor. My video card is a NVIDIA Corporation GF119 [GeForce GT 610]. The Display adapter in my W10 VM shows up as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I have Hyper-V set to Yes and my Graphics Card set to NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (01:00.0).

I am trying out 6.2 Beta21, does this version still require 2 video cards if your CPU does not have a GPU? I have a Xeon E3-1200 v3 Processor. My video card is a NVIDIA Corporation GF119 [GeForce GT 610]. The Display adapter in my W10 VM shows up as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I have Hyper-V set to Yes and my Graphics Card set to NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (01:00.0).

I thought with Nvidia GPU you had to disable HyperV?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

I thought with Nvidia GPU you had to disable HyperV?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

I disabled HyperV and still no change.

To answer your question directly, no, 6.2B21 does not directly resolve this issue with an Nvidia GPU as the only one installed to be used for passthrough to a VM. There is a thread that supposedly resolves this by backing up the rom, or loading it in some way that allows an Nvidia card to be used when in the primary slot and "stolen" from the console. I can't say for sure this will work for you though.

If you have the expansion slot to add another cheap card, it may be the easiest option. I'm not certain I'd call this a defect, but IDK just my thoughts.

Archived