Shares not visible after creating them?

razz

Hi Folks,

I've just installed unRAID v6, and created a Movies share. I have a single disk, and I created two shares. I copied files to the shares via network, works great. Now under unraid I'm not seeing any of the shares? How do I delete a share? How do you create a sub share? I.e. Movies > Foreign Movies?

Hi Folks,

I've just installed unRAID v6, and created a Movies share. I have a single disk, and I created two shares. I copied files to the shares via network, works great. Now under unraid I'm not seeing any of the shares? How do I delete a share? How do you create a sub share? I.e. Movies > Foreign Movies?

Try disabling any ad blockers.

To create a subshare just go into the share over the network and create a folder

Thanks that worked.. now onto the next issue, how to I remove shares. I tried clearing the share name and applying those changes but the share name is still there? Also if you delete the share does it's contents automatically get deleted also?

Thanks that worked.. now onto the next issue, how to I remove shares. I tried clearing the share name and applying those changes but the share name is still there? Also if you delete the share does it's contents automatically get deleted also?

unRaid will only delete a share if the contents are empty.

First delete all the contents, then go back into the share settings, and a check box will appear to allow you to delete.

Hey Squid, thanks for clarifying. The directory is empty on my Mac. I created a test share, then copied and deleted a file. Unless there is something residual in there, any special tool to check?

Hey Squid, thanks for clarifying. The directory is empty on my Mac. I created a test share, then copied and deleted a file. Unless there is something residual in there, any special tool to check?

There's going to be hidden files present.  Don't have a mac, but something like .ds store files or something like that.  Set the mac to not create them, or delete them from a command line on unRaid's terminal

Archived