UPS & invoke the Mover SSD

Hello,

I am having a issue. I have a SSD as a cache drive and wanted to know in the case of a power outage my UPS kicks in i want to know if there is a way as soon as it kicks in to "invoke the Mover" and on completion do a safe shut-down.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

What if mover takes longer than the amount of time your UPS can provide?

Not to mention, why? The server is going to be shut down anyway, so does it really matter if it's on the cache disk when it's shut down or on the array disk when it's shut down?

I wonder if OP thinks an SSD is like RAM and the info will disappear when electricity is gone.

What if mover takes longer than the amount of time your UPS can provide?

Not to mention, why? The server is going to be shut down anyway, so does it really matter if it's on the cache disk when it's shut down or on the array disk when it's shut down?

I wonder if OP thinks an SSD is like RAM and the info will disappear when electricity is gone.

Possibly worrying about lack of parity protection for data on cache drive?

That's not a significant risk imo. I configure things to get the server down cleanly as quickly as possible once I've determined the power is likely to be out for a while. I think I give it a few minutes delay to see if it's momentary power blip and then begin shutdown w/o worrying if mover has run yet. I figure my data was sitting on that cache drive w/o parity protection for X hours before anyways, so what additional risk am I taking by shutting things off cleanly?