8TB Drives

swells

Not sure where this should go, but it didn't seem to fit in any of the other forums.

Anyone have a good source for 8TB drives? I really like that size and was moving to them exclusively, but the price has jumped $50 or so on any source I can find and Amazon is back ordered.

Thanks!

Sorry, US. I'm not against paying the current rate of $250 or so for the drive, just sucks when I paid $215 a couple months ago for the same drive. I was just curious if there were sources I didn't know about out there that may still have a better price. I have checked Amazon, newegg, and even some ebay.

I would be patient, the longer you wait, the better chance prices will drop. Since WD introduced their recent RED 8TB drive, its priced pretty high now, but it should come down, how long will it take, who knows. Hopefully Seagate and WD will released 10TB drives soon pushing the cost of 8TB down as well. I know right now Newegg.ca has the Seagate 8TB drives for $259 CAN which is a great price since its usually priced around $299