Unable to connect to Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3 VM

VelcroBP

I'm running unRaid v6.1.3 and have just set up a Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3 VM. I've set the Bridge Mode to Public (Br0). I've used the native unRaid VNC to connect and update the OS & drivers in the VM. I"ve also enabled remote connection via Desktop Sharing withing the Mint VM.

Right now the only way I'm able to connect to the VM is via the native unRaid VNC remote. Tried RDP from 2 different Win10 desktops on the network. I'm trying on my HP Chromebook via ChromeRDP and VNC Viewer for Chrome. All attempts result in errors stating unable to connect.

Ideally the Chromebook will be my default terminal for accessing VMs running on my unRaid server. I also want the ability to connect from any other PC on my network (hence the Public bridge). I"m a newb to both VMs and Linux Mint so I could be overlooking a rudimentary setting on either end. What am I overlooking?

I've assigned a static ip to the VM. I've tried connecting to that as well as the main server ip. Also tried both with VNC port appended. Chromebook is also static within the same range DHCP from my router on everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived