Send User Share to Windows VM as a Drive

Hey Guys,

Im new to unraid and having some issues with some applications not seeing my network drives. The specific application is Sickrage which i have installed within a windows VM. I also have a usershare called "Media" which the VM can see and is mounted as a Network Drive. However, sadly, the software (Sickrage in this case) cannot seem to see the network location \\UnraidName\Media nor the mounted network drive for that location (this is probably a issue with the said software).

Anyway, what i was wondering is, is there any way to mount this Media User share as a drive (say D:\ drive) to my VM the same way i mounted my C:\ to install windows to it. Note: the Media user Share has all my media in it already, so i prefer not losing all of it by experiments (as i dont have other backups of it all). :)

In Windows you can always right-click on a share name and select the option to mount it as a drive.  This is a standard feature of Windows and is not unRAID specific in any way.

Yup. But seems like programs running as windows services that are executed by the standard user (which ever the default is) does not seem to have access to access network locations nor the mapped network drives. However, they have access to normal drives.

In Windows you can always right-click on a share name and select the option to mount it as a drive.  This is a standard feature of Windows and is not unRAID specific in any way.

Yup. But seems like programs running as windows services that are executed by the standard user (which ever the default is) does not seem to have access to access network locations nor the mapped network drives. However, they have access to normal drives.

Mapped drives are specific to a particular user I believe.  In which case you would need to find out what user the service is operating under and make sure the mappings are set up for that user.