Stop/Restart Container Freezes system (was: how to safely default system?)

Merijeek

I have been having all sorts of general weirdness with my system for a while now. I've had Docker seemingly kill the WebUI, and now I'm at the point where I lose everything but ping and CLI when I'm running Deluge on a local machine with the files located on the UnRaid box.

Anyway, I've seen enough weirdness that I'd like to basically default my system. I don't want to lose my disk setup, but the rest of it can go and I'll rebuild the stuff that I care about. Maybe I'll even work out what combination made things go weird.

Can anyone point me to some instructions that let me default the system without causing any issues with the disk setup, assuming it's possible?

According to this thread: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=47514.0

I apparently need to:

And if you also copy config/super.dat, you'll keep your drive assignments including parity.  Copying config/disk.cfg should also be safe, has disk settings.

If you copy config/share.cfg and the config/shares folder, you'll keep all your share settings.

If you copy config/ident.cfg and config/network.cfg, you'll keep your network settings.

Is that the extent of it? It seems all you need to do is create a new bootable and copy those files back over to keep the above settings.

That it?  I'd like to know for sure before doing anything.

Unfortunately, it's too late for that.

However, Docker is still being extremely unpleasant. I've recreated it from scratch, yet somehow am unable to actually start it. It stays stopped.

I assume by "too late for that" you mean you already did the clean install. Since that didn't fix your problem (as I suspected) you should now give us the requested diagnostic. If I had to bet I would say you probably have filesystem corruption.

Well, its just Docker acting funny. I think. From what I understand it should be impossible for Docker to mess up the function of the unRAID install in general.

I completely blew away my docker.img and I've got it pared down to just 3 containers - PlexMediaServer, binhex-sickrage, binhex-delugevpn.

I've gone two days with no blowups. So I'm going to treat it gently for a bit and see what the deal is.

Alright, had it happen again.

Server running without a hitch for just over 5 days. Then, I went to stop binhex-sickrage. After a minute I lost SMB. Sickrage wouldn't stop. Then I lost the GUI.

I forgot to do the inetd restart so I eventually did a shutdown -rn because a regular shutdown and powerdown don't actually every do anything.

I did manage a diagnostics and have attached it.

...and now that the reboot is complete, I've got no docker containers, according to the server. So...that's nice.

Anything of interest in the syslog that anyone can see?

unraid-diagnostics-20160522-2022.zip

Archived