Freezing when accessing certain folders

So, this is probably the cause of all the docker/not docker issues I've been having.

Further testing today has shown me this...I'll do my best to explain. It's odd.

I've got DelugeVPN and Sickrage running. They go to /mnt/user/Incoming, which has /Completed and /Temp under it.

So, I'm doing some manual file cleanup, and I'm copying a file from the /Completed folder, and, poof. Frozen. SMB is now gone, WebGUI is gone. I can't restart inetd.

I telnet to the box, and try a powerdown, and when that doesn't get past the "gathering diagnostics" stage, try a shutdown -rn, which also doesn't work. Just plain running "diagnostics" sits forever.

Eventually I manually power it off. Time passes, and I find that the exact same thing happens again within an hour. So, I do some more poking around. I telnet in and I do:

cd /mnt

ls

(shows what's expected)

cd user

(good)

cd Inc (tab)

And boom, I'm done. CLI session is frozen.

Checking the /mnt/disk[1/2/3/4] folders, it seems that Completed only exists on disk3 and disk4.

I've been suspicious of Disk3 for a while, because it tends to run hot, but that doesn't mean the issue isn't Disk4.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to determine what my actual problem is?

Hi, I had issues like this, but it wasn't just one disk but happened every time I listed an array directory.

/mnt/user is essentially in ram and only afterwards are you hitting the array disks. It all resolved itself once I changed all disks to XFS.

It is a big job depending on how much data you have.

Three is a sticky explaining the process. I will look for it for you later.

Edit: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37490.0

Well, that'd be nice, but unfortunately I'm already on XFS.

I'll run through the checks and see what I see.

I'm running the tests detailed here for XFS: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Check_Disk_Filesystems#Checking_and_fixing_drives_in_the_webGui

I start in maintenance mode. Then I click the "Check" button. And it's telling me the total size is 5TB, which is the size of my parity drive. This is still the full test, right?

Which "Check" button are you clicking? The one under Array Operation near the bottom of the Main page is the parity check button. You want the "Check" button on the Settings page for each suspect disk - you get to it by clicking on the words "Disk 1", "Disk 2", etc. under Array Devices near the top of the Main page.