Array configuration gone after long hiatus

Hello

So i just came back from a 4 month long world trip, the entire time my unraid server has been shut down.

When i turned it on and went to the webpage, i found that all my drives have been unassigned, and i have no idea what order they where in, 4 months ago.

What do i do?

Presumably, the 320 gig was the cache drive so assign it there.  The other drives, assign them all as data drives.  Which ever one comes up as unmountable when you start the array is your parity drive.  Stop the array, issue a new config, and assign them appropriately.

Your system looks mostly fine, except that the super.dat, which contains the drive assignments, has been completely overwritten with binary garbage.  The super.dat file I believe is the only one a Ransomware attack would be interested in, and I can't think of any other cause for super.dat to be overwritten like that, so I have to suggest the possibility that your system HAS been on at some point and was attacked, resulting in super.dat being encrypted.  I hope not, but you'll want to examine your data drives as soon as possible.

Do you possibly have a backup of your flash drive?  If not, Squid's suggestion is the best way to find the parity drive.

One other oddity, all of your drives have had SMART disabled on them.  unRAID should re-enable SMART, but I don't know why it would be off now.  It seems very unlikely that *anything* would turn SMART off, and do it on all attached drives.

And order of the other drives do not matter?

Thanks for the help, though im 99,99% sure it has not been turned on since i left, maybe i turned it off wrong the last time, i don't remember.

Order of drives do not matter (parity excepted of course), unless you included / excluded specific drives from a share (and even then you can just adjust the include / exclude settings)

Archived