No screen output with GTX560ti passthrough

locutus2000

I have been toying around with unRAID because of the ease of virtualization with GPU passthrough. I am stuck with the GPU passthrough and have tried many things. I can setup VMs but I can't have any display video output on my dedicated GPU. Here is my setup:

ASRock H170M/AC ITX Mainboard (Bios setup to display host OS output on Intel HD graphics, VT-D/x enabled)

Intel G4400 CPU (Intel VT-D & VT-X enabled)

Gigabyte GTX 560Ti OC 1GB card

Unraid latest beta.

Here's my VM XML

<domain type='kvm'>
  <name>Windows 10</name>
  <uuid>4baca502-7e0b-7aaf-0667-e6bde28cdba0</uuid>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="windows.png" os="windows10"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>4194304</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>4194304</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
    <locked/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>2</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='1'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.5'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/4baca502-7e0b-7aaf-0667-e6bde28cdba0_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='1'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='localtime'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/Windows 10/vdisk1.img'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='virtio'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/isos/SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_10_64BIT_English_MLF_X20-25557.ISO'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='sata'/>
      <readonly/>
      <boot order='2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/isos/virtio-win-0.1.118-2.iso'/>
      <target dev='hdb' bus='sata'/>
      <readonly/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='1'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='dmi-to-pci-bridge'>
      <model name='i82801b11-bridge'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1e' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pci-bridge'>
      <model name='pci-bridge'/>
      <target chassisNr='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:74:c9:69'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='connect'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <rom file='/mnt/user/isos/GF114.rom'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x04' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x046d'/>
        <product id='0xc52b'/>
      </source>
    </hostdev>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x0a12'/>
        <product id='0x0001'/>
      </source>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
</domain>

Here is my LSPCI:

unraid1.jpg

I have tried with and without mounting my VGA ROM (Extracted with GPU-Z) and with PCIE ACS Override on and off.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Have you tried passing through the GPU to a Seabios VM?

Yes without succes. Although I hadn't added the gpu bios at that point. Would it make sense to use seabios with my Skylake setup?

Could you post your Diagnostics.zip? You'll fin it in the webgui under Tools --> Diagnostics.

Where did you get the BIOS from? Did you create it or downloaded it? Might be worth a try to make it yourself. Details in this post.

Yes without succes. Although I hadn't added the gpu bios at that point. Would it make sense to use seabios with my Skylake setup?

Could you post your Diagnostics.zip? You'll fin it in the webgui under Tools --> Diagnostics.

Where did you get the BIOS from? Did you create it or downloaded it? Might be worth a try to make it yourself. Details in this post.

I made it with GPU-Z, I don't have a 2nd pci slot as this is an MITX board. I extracted while having the monitor connected to the Intel graphics but drivers installed on a Windows 10 machine. Attached my diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20160731-1255.zip

I made it with GPU-Z, I don't have a 2nd pci slot as this is an MITX board. I extracted while having the monitor connected to the Intel graphics but drivers installed on a Windows 10 machine. Attached my diagnostics.

As you already use the onboard GPU, you don't need to move the card to another slot. The eason for him moving it was that he didn't get a proper dump when the GPU was used for the console.

As you already use the onboard GPU, you don't need to move the card to another slot. The eason for him moving it was that he didn't get a proper dump when the GPU was used for the console.

Thanks for clearing that up. I went into the console and used the guide to try and attempt the extraction. I get an error while unbinding the GPU, it tells me there is no such device and then when I try to move the ROM to the boot directory it also gives aan io error. What should I make of that?

I haven't tried it myself, so I can't help you there. Have you read through the thread to see if anyone else had the same problem?

Well I see other posts with the same content but not the solution. So LSPCI doesn't list any Kernel driver in use, suggesting it's needed to unbind from vfio-pci. I am getting a similar error when dumping the bios:

root@Tower:/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:04:00.0# cat rom > /boot/vbios.dump
cat: rom: Input/output error

Update: I was able to get the rom after it was assigned to the VM and it was the VFIO-PCI driver was loaded. So now I extracted the ROM and booted the VM. Need to wait until I get back home to see if I resolved the black screen issue.

Once I started the VM I did LSPCI as well and then the GPU had the Kernel driver for VFIO-PCI loaded. So I unbinded it, dumped the ROM, bound it again and reconfigured the XML of the VM to have the BIOS included. Still a black screen :(

The driver loaded will always be vfio-pci when you have started the VM. So that is normal.

Once I started the VM I did LSPCI as well and then the GPU had the Kernel driver for VFIO-PCI loaded. So I unbinded it, dumped the ROM, bound it again and reconfigured the XML of the VM to have the BIOS included. Still a black screen :(

This is how you add the rom file in 6.2 rc:

<rom bar='on' file='/etc/fake/boot.bin'/>

Try using this instead of the line you use now. Same placement as the old line.

I also see that you are using q35-2.5 instead of the default i440f-2.5. Try changing it back to the default.

Another thing to try that have helped is to change multimonitor option in the bios to auto or on. Don't know if you have that option, but I see that your motherboard has both DVI and HDMI, so worth a try.

This is how you add the rom file in 6.2 rc:

<rom bar='on' file='/etc/fake/boot.bin'/>

Try using this instead of the line you use now. Same placement as the old line.

I also see that you are using q35-2.5 instead of the default i440f-2.5. Try changing it back to the default.

Another thing to try that have helped is to change multimonitor option in the bios to auto or on. Don't know if you have that option, but I see that your motherboard has both DVI and HDMI, so worth a try.

Wow! I was succesfull at first with the old notation and using Seabios but the VM wouldn't come back when windows restarted. I just modifidied it to this and it was successful. It even survived a Windows Reboot.

Thanks for this!

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue with my Gigabyte GTX 560Ti OC 1GB card

and the solution does not work for me.

what is the size of the bios file you got? mine is 63.5kB

which one did you use ?  made by CPUZ or via the dump?

here is the output of the dump process. looks ok to me.

root@Tower:~# cd /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:82:00.0/                                                                                 

root@Tower:/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:82:00.0# echo 1 > rom

root@Tower:/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:82:00.0# cat rom > /boot/vbios.rom

root@Tower:/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:82:00.0# echo 0 > rom

here is my XML:

<domain type='kvm'>
  <name>Windows 10</name>
  <uuid>29539d4f-bf57-3d11-05bc-9e5d1a4f5f73</uuid>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="windows.png" os="windows10"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>8388608</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>8388608</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
    <locked/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>4</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='8'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='9'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='10'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='11'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-2.5'>hvm</type>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
    <hyperv>
      <relaxed state='on'/>
      <vapic state='on'/>
      <spinlocks state='on' retries='8191'/>
      <vendor id='none'/>
    </hyperv>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='2'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='localtime'>
    <timer name='hypervclock' present='yes'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/Windows 10/vdisk1.img'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='virtio'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x04' function='0x0'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pci-root'/>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:2e:48:22'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='connect'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes' xvga='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x82' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <rom bar='on' file='/mnt/user/isos/vbios.rom'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x04b3'/>
        <product id='0x3019'/>
      </source>
    </hostdev>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x06cb'/>
        <product id='0x0009'/>
      </source>
    </hostdev>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x0c16'/>
        <product id='0x0001'/>
      </source>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
</domain>

what am I missing ?

thanks

in the windows VM ?  it is switched off automatically. I checked.

and I am not clear how the internal windows 10 settings affect the initial startup of the VM in the Unraid?

as soon as I start the VM it should show me the boot messages even before the Windows10 starts.

am I wrong ?

thanks

some info bellow:

I am able to passthrough the MSI-RX480GamingX card alright. so the basic setup of my MOBO/CPU/Unraid works.

I have tried to move the cards between the slots. tried one card at a time. tried different configurations of Seebios and OVFM or Q35 or i440 versions. tried with GPU-Z download bios file and also with the one I dumped via SSH.

tried with

<rom file='/mnt/user/isos/vbios.rom'/>

and  <rom bar='on' ....

the IOMMU ok

nothing shows on GFX560 connected screen. when the Unraid boots i see boot messages. Then after I start the Win10 VM the screen goes blank.

no errors that i can see

is there any sequence of steps I need to follow for this to work? 

is my card "special" in any way?

PCI Devices

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMI2 [8086:3c00] (rev 07)
00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 IIO PCI Express Root Port 1a [8086:3c02] (rev 07)
00:01.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 IIO PCI Express Root Port 1b [8086:3c03] (rev 07)
00:02.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 IIO PCI Express Root Port 2a [8086:3c04] (rev 07)
00:03.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 IIO PCI Express Root Port 3a in PCI Express Mode [8086:3c08] (rev 07)
00:04.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 0 [8086:3c20] (rev 07)
00:04.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 1 [8086:3c21] (rev 07)
00:04.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 2 [8086:3c22] (rev 07)
00:04.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 3 [8086:3c23] (rev 07)
00:04.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 4 [8086:3c24] (rev 07)
00:04.5 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 5 [8086:3c25] (rev 07)
00:04.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 6 [8086:3c26] (rev 07)
00:04.7 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 7 [8086:3c27] (rev 07)
00:05.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Address Map, VTd_Misc, System Management [8086:3c28] (rev 07)
00:05.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Control Status and Global Errors [8086:3c2a] (rev 07)
00:05.4 PIC [0800]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 I/O APIC [8086:3c2c] (rev 07)
00:11.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset PCI Express Virtual Root Port [8086:1d3e] (rev 06)
00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset MEI Controller #1 [8086:1d3a] (rev 05)
00:16.1 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset MEI Controller #2 [8086:1d3b] (rev 05)
00:1a.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller #2 [8086:1d2d] (rev 06)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1d20] (rev 06)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:1d10] (rev b6)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset PCI Express Root Port 6 [8086:1d1a] (rev b6)
00:1c.6 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset PCI Express Root Port 7 [8086:1d1c] (rev b6)
00:1d.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller #1 [8086:1d26] (rev 06)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge [8086:244e] (rev a6)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset LPC Controller [8086:1d41] (rev 06)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset 6-Port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:1d02] (rev 06)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset SMBus Host Controller [8086:1d22] (rev 06)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset Thermal Management Controller [8086:1d24] (rev 06)
04:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GF114 [GeForce GTX 560 Ti] [10de:1200] (rev a1)
04:00.1 Audio device [0403]: NVIDIA Corporation GF114 HDMI Audio Controller [10de:0e0c] (rev a1)
05:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: Intel Corporation C602 chipset 4-Port SATA Storage Control Unit [8086:1d6b] (rev 06)
06:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521] (rev 01)
06:00.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1521] (rev 01)
08:00.0 USB controller [0c03]: NEC Corporation uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host Controller [1033:0194] (rev 04)
09:00.0 USB controller [0c03]: NEC Corporation uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host Controller [1033:0194] (rev 04)
0a:02.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Texas Instruments TSB43AB22A IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link) [iOHCI-Lynx] [104c:8023]
7f:08.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link 0 [8086:3c80] (rev 07)
7f:08.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link Reut 0 [8086:3c83] (rev 07)
7f:08.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link Reut 0 [8086:3c84] (rev 07)
7f:09.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link 1 [8086:3c90] (rev 07)
7f:09.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link Reut 1 [8086:3c93] (rev 07)
7f:09.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link Reut 1 [8086:3c94] (rev 07)
7f:0a.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Power Control Unit 0 [8086:3cc0] (rev 07)
7f:0a.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Power Control Unit 1 [8086:3cc1] (rev 07)
7f:0a.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Power Control Unit 2 [8086:3cc2] (rev 07)
7f:0a.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Power Control Unit 3 [8086:3cd0] (rev 07)
7f:0b.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Interrupt Control Registers [8086:3ce0] (rev 07)
7f:0b.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Semaphore and Scratchpad Configuration Registers [8086:3ce3] (rev 07)
7f:0c.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
7f:0c.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
7f:0c.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
7f:0c.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
7f:0c.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller System Address Decoder 0 [8086:3cf4] (rev 07)
7f:0c.7 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 System Address Decoder [8086:3cf6] (rev 07)
7f:0d.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
7f:0d.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
7f:0d.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
7f:0d.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
7f:0d.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller System Address Decoder 1 [8086:3cf5] (rev 07)
7f:0e.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Processor Home Agent [8086:3ca0] (rev 07)
7f:0e.1 Performance counters [1101]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Processor Home Agent Performance Monitoring [8086:3c46] (rev 07)
7f:0f.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Registers [8086:3ca8] (rev 07)
7f:0f.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller RAS Registers [8086:3c71] (rev 07)
7f:0f.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 0 [8086:3caa] (rev 07)
7f:0f.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 1 [8086:3cab] (rev 07)
7f:0f.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 2 [8086:3cac] (rev 07)
7f:0f.5 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 3 [8086:3cad] (rev 07)
7f:0f.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 4 [8086:3cae] (rev 07)
7f:10.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0-3 Thermal Control 0 [8086:3cb0] (rev 07)
7f:10.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0-3 Thermal Control 1 [8086:3cb1] (rev 07)
7f:10.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller ERROR Registers 0 [8086:3cb2] (rev 07)
7f:10.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller ERROR Registers 1 [8086:3cb3] (rev 07)
7f:10.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0-3 Thermal Control 2 [8086:3cb4] (rev 07)
7f:10.5 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0-3 Thermal Control 3 [8086:3cb5] (rev 07)
7f:10.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller ERROR Registers 2 [8086:3cb6] (rev 07)
7f:10.7 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller ERROR Registers 3 [8086:3cb7] (rev 07)
7f:11.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DDRIO [8086:3cb8] (rev 07)
7f:13.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 R2PCIe [8086:3ce4] (rev 07)
7f:13.1 Performance counters [1101]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Ring to PCI Express Performance Monitor [8086:3c43] (rev 07)
7f:13.4 Performance counters [1101]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QuickPath Interconnect Agent Ring Registers [8086:3ce6] (rev 07)
7f:13.5 Performance counters [1101]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Ring to QuickPath Interconnect Link 0 Performance Monitor [8086:3c44] (rev 07)
7f:13.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Ring to QuickPath Interconnect Link 1 Performance Monitor [8086:3c45] (rev 07)
80:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 IIO PCI Express Root Port 1a [8086:3c02] (rev 07)
80:02.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 IIO PCI Express Root Port 2a [8086:3c04] (rev 07)
80:03.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 IIO PCI Express Root Port 3a in PCI Express Mode [8086:3c08] (rev 07)
80:04.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 0 [8086:3c20] (rev 07)
80:04.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 1 [8086:3c21] (rev 07)
80:04.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 2 [8086:3c22] (rev 07)
80:04.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 3 [8086:3c23] (rev 07)
80:04.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 4 [8086:3c24] (rev 07)
80:04.5 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 5 [8086:3c25] (rev 07)
80:04.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 6 [8086:3c26] (rev 07)
80:04.7 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMA Channel 7 [8086:3c27] (rev 07)
80:05.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Address Map, VTd_Misc, System Management [8086:3c28] (rev 07)
80:05.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Control Status and Global Errors [8086:3c2a] (rev 07)
80:05.4 PIC [0800]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 I/O APIC [8086:3c2c] (rev 07)
82:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480] [1002:67df] (rev c7)
82:00.1 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device [1002:aaf0]
ff:08.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link 0 [8086:3c80] (rev 07)
ff:08.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link Reut 0 [8086:3c83] (rev 07)
ff:08.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link Reut 0 [8086:3c84] (rev 07)
ff:09.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link 1 [8086:3c90] (rev 07)
ff:09.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link Reut 1 [8086:3c93] (rev 07)
ff:09.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QPI Link Reut 1 [8086:3c94] (rev 07)
ff:0a.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Power Control Unit 0 [8086:3cc0] (rev 07)
ff:0a.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Power Control Unit 1 [8086:3cc1] (rev 07)
ff:0a.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Power Control Unit 2 [8086:3cc2] (rev 07)
ff:0a.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Power Control Unit 3 [8086:3cd0] (rev 07)
ff:0b.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Interrupt Control Registers [8086:3ce0] (rev 07)
ff:0b.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Semaphore and Scratchpad Configuration Registers [8086:3ce3] (rev 07)
ff:0c.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
ff:0c.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
ff:0c.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
ff:0c.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
ff:0c.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller System Address Decoder 0 [8086:3cf4] (rev 07)
ff:0c.7 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 System Address Decoder [8086:3cf6] (rev 07)
ff:0d.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
ff:0d.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
ff:0d.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
ff:0d.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Unicast Register 0 [8086:3ce8] (rev 07)
ff:0d.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller System Address Decoder 1 [8086:3cf5] (rev 07)
ff:0e.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Processor Home Agent [8086:3ca0] (rev 07)
ff:0e.1 Performance counters [1101]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Processor Home Agent Performance Monitoring [8086:3c46] (rev 07)
ff:0f.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Registers [8086:3ca8] (rev 07)
ff:0f.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller RAS Registers [8086:3c71] (rev 07)
ff:0f.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 0 [8086:3caa] (rev 07)
ff:0f.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 1 [8086:3cab] (rev 07)
ff:0f.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 2 [8086:3cac] (rev 07)
ff:0f.5 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 3 [8086:3cad] (rev 07)
ff:0f.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder 4 [8086:3cae] (rev 07)
ff:10.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0-3 Thermal Control 0 [8086:3cb0] (rev 07)
ff:10.1 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0-3 Thermal Control 1 [8086:3cb1] (rev 07)
ff:10.2 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller ERROR Registers 0 [8086:3cb2] (rev 07)
ff:10.3 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller ERROR Registers 1 [8086:3cb3] (rev 07)
ff:10.4 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0-3 Thermal Control 2 [8086:3cb4] (rev 07)
ff:10.5 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0-3 Thermal Control 3 [8086:3cb5] (rev 07)
ff:10.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller ERROR Registers 2 [8086:3cb6] (rev 07)
ff:10.7 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller ERROR Registers 3 [8086:3cb7] (rev 07)
ff:11.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DDRIO [8086:3cb8] (rev 07)
ff:13.0 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 R2PCIe [8086:3ce4] (rev 07)
ff:13.1 Performance counters [1101]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Ring to PCI Express Performance Monitor [8086:3c43] (rev 07)
ff:13.4 Performance counters [1101]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 QuickPath Interconnect Agent Ring Registers [8086:3ce6] (rev 07)
ff:13.5 Performance counters [1101]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Ring to QuickPath Interconnect Link 0 Performance Monitor [8086:3c44] (rev 07)
ff:13.6 System peripheral [0880]: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 Ring to QuickPath Interconnect Link 1 Performance Monitor [8086:3c45] (rev 07)
IOMMU Groups

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/17/devices/0000:04:00.0
/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/17/devices/0000:04:00.1

CPU Thread Pairings

cpu 0 <===> cpu 16
cpu 1 <===> cpu 17
cpu 2 <===> cpu 18
cpu 3 <===> cpu 19
cpu 4 <===> cpu 20
cpu 5 <===> cpu 21
cpu 6 <===> cpu 22
cpu 7 <===> cpu 23
cpu 8 <===> cpu 24
cpu 9 <===> cpu 25
cpu 10 <===> cpu 26
cpu 11 <===> cpu 27
cpu 12 <===> cpu 28
cpu 13 <===> cpu 29
cpu 14 <===> cpu 30
cpu 15 <===> cpu 31

USB Devices

Bus 002 Device 006: ID 090c:1000 Silicon Motion, Inc. - Taiwan (formerly Feiya Technology Corp.) Flash Drive
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0c16:0001 Gyration, Inc. 
Bus 002 Device 007: ID 06cb:0009 Synaptics, Inc. Composite TouchPad and TrackPoint
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 04b3:3019 IBM Corp. 
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04b3:3016 IBM Corp. UltraNav Keyboard Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
SCSI Devices

[0:0:0:0]    disk    Storage  Xtreamer         0001  /dev/sda   8.09GB
[1:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD40EFRX-68N 0A82  /dev/sdc   4.00TB
[1:0:1:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD40EFRX-68N 0A82  /dev/sdd   4.00TB
[2:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST3500418AS      CC38  /dev/sdb    500GB

Hyper v can be turned of in unraid if you use the Button tobdisplay all vm options. Hyper v isknown to Cause issues with Nvidia cards. My 580 worked fine after Turing it off. A newer Nvidia Card of mine Works with it on aswell. There is Info about this on this Forum and more per Google.

I have done it Morti before. same status.

Question:  when I supply the ROM file in the XML. I dont believe it overrides the internal ROM of the card, is it?

I am thinking that maybe my ROM which is 70.24.2e.00.02  doesn't allow for passthrough.

the Gigabyte gtx560ti  (GV-N560OC-1GI)  doesnt also have the EUFI support.

in principle, can I use some other ROM file instead ? what does it do exactly ?

(I have tried of course and it didnt help)

Archived