installplg command missing

Hey guys,

Currently upgrading my NAS from 5.0 beta 6a to 6.1.9 however I seem to be missing the installplg command. Is there anywhere I can download the command itself from directly to the NAS with a wget command or FTP etc? Or will I need to go about this the old fashioned way, backup config, copy new files to USB flash and restore RAID config?

Cheers,

-Chris

Hi Trurl,

Thanks for the update mate, appreciated. Curious that the documentation, and the reason for me choosing this path in the first place recommends that I use my preferred procedure:

ANY version prior to v5.0-beta6 -> 'clean install', then configure settings and drive assignments, then run New Permissions

v5.0-beta6 through v5.0-rc8a .. -> 'upgrade install', then run New Permissions

v5.0-rc9 through v5.0.6 ....... -> 'upgrade install'

v6.0-beta1 through v6.0-rc6a .. -> 'v6 beta upgrade'

Don't understand why the installplg command is missing in the first place. Oh well it doesn't take long at all to pull drive out and install new version.

Thanks anyway,

Chris

Hi Trurl,

Thanks for the update mate, appreciated. Curious that the documentation, and the reason for me choosing this path in the first place recommends that I use my preferred procedure:

ANY version prior to v5.0-beta6 -> 'clean install', then configure settings and drive assignments, then run New Permissions

v5.0-beta6 through v5.0-rc8a .. -> 'upgrade install', then run New Permissions

v5.0-rc9 through v5.0.6 ....... -> 'upgrade install'

v6.0-beta1 through v6.0-rc6a .. -> 'v6 beta upgrade'

Don't understand why the installplg command is missing in the first place. Oh well it doesn't take long at all to pull drive out and install new version.

Thanks anyway,

Chris

You should not install any plugins from v5 on v6 unless it's architecture independent.

You should not install any plugins from v5 on v6 unless it's architecture independent.

installplg was used in unRAID v5, but unRAID v6 has a proper plugin manager and plugins are installed via the GUI.

Unless I'm completely reading this wrong, this thread is about the upgrade plugin for v5 -> v6, not plugins in general.

installplg was used in unRAID v5, but unRAID v6 has a proper plugin manager and plugins are installed via the GUI.

Unless I'm completely reading this wrong, this thread is about the upgrade plugin for v5 -> v6, not plugins in general.

You are of course right! I'll blame the beers and wine yesterday....

You are of course right! I'll blame the beers and wine yesterday....

Beer is blameless.  Its the solution to all of life's problems

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk