APCUPSD and 2 unraid servers

ivez

I did a search and found this thread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=14219.0 but wasn't sure if this was relevant on 6.2?

I have 2 unraid servers both on 6.2 and an APC Back-UPS BX - Uninterruptible Power Supply 1400VA, - BX1400UI - AVR, 6 Outlets IEC-C13, USB, Shutdown

I'm clear on connecting USB into my primary unraid but not sure how i configure tower1 to tell tower2 when to shutdown?

tower1 does not tell tower2 when to shutdown. All that happens is apcupsd on tower1 tells apcupsd on tower2 what the UPS status is. apcupsd on tower2 controls what to do about the UPS status.

I have not tried it this way but many including myself have a PC (as slave) on the same UPS as their unRAID.

Also, since the network is needed to allow the apcupsd communication, any network hardware involved will also need to be on the UPS.

That is a pretty old thread you are linking, but I expect it works if you set it up correctly on the slave. Have you tried the Help button or the apcupsd manual link?