Samba extra parameters (smb-extra.conf) on share level

glave

Is it possible to add extra parameters to individual shares themselves? I'd like to add ' guest ok = yes ' to a specific share, but the only way I've found that I can do it is by adding a [global] section to smb-extra.conf via SMB extra settings. I'd rather not add that on a global level, but just to the individual share.

Is it possible to add extra parameters to individual shares themselves? I'd like to add ' guest ok = yes ' to a specific share, but the only way I've found that I can do it is by adding a [global] section to smb-extra.conf via SMB extra settings. I'd rather not add that on a global level, but just to the individual share.

Why not set the share security to 'Public'?

Is there a way to edit the share.cfg to add additional options? I think I have figured out where I could hack adding options (due to the share configs being dynamically built on array mount) but I'd rather avoid that so I don't have to worry about upgrade complications with future unraid versions.

Great to hear!!

So far, I've had good success get AD to work, but it's been a learning process the whole way. To provide 'guest' access, I discovered I need 3 settings:

In smb-extra.conf:
[global]
        guest account = readonlyuser
        map to guest = Bad User
        guest ok = yes

The guest account setting MUST map to a real user. I set up a new user in unraid called readonlyuser and I didn't give it permissions anywhere. It's purely there for the account to just exist.  The 'guest ok = yes' can exist on an individual share instead of global.  Using these settings, I can pretty much mimic the Public, Secure, and Private settings and gain all the benefit of AD group level controls as well.