How to move Plex docker to Cache

ShoePuke

Hi, new 6.2.1 build w/ 240GB SSD cache drive (8-4TB double parity in the rest of the box).  I noted after installing the Plex docker that drive 1 and the parity drive are not spinning down.  Exit the Plex docker and the disks spin down.  The appdata share was on disk1, so I changed the appdata share setting to be cache only.  Now appdata says it is located in cache, but there is still the docker file in /mnt/disk1/system/docker/docker.img.  I guess this is keeping the disks spun up.  Can I get docker (plex) relocated to cache, or should I just make the system share cache only also?  I'm hoping not to have to re-install plex to avoid the hours of library scanning.

Thanks.

--Craig

Stop the docker service via the settings tab.  Set the system share to use cache=prefer via the shares tab.  Go to the main tab and start mover.  After its done restart docker

Should also set the Appdata to prefer cache at the same time to move all remnants over to the cache drive

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Stop the docker service via the settings tab.  Set the system share to use cache=prefer via the shares tab.  Go to the main tab and start mover.  After its done restart docker

Should also set the Appdata to prefer cache at the same time to move all remnants over to the cache drive

So far so good.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info on this.  I just did the same and it seems to be working.  So my question is if the cache drive is out of the array, when it fails I'll have to reinstall the docker or do I make a copy of the directory on the array?  What do most people do?

Personally, I use the appdata backup feature of CA to make weekly backups of my appdata to the array just to handle this eventuality

Thanks for the info on this.  I just did the same and it seems to be working.  So my question is if the cache drive is out of the array, when it fails I'll have to reinstall the docker or do I make a copy of the directory on the array?  What do most people do?

Personally, I use the appdata backup feature of CA to make weekly backups of my appdata to the array just to handle this eventuality

Brilliant!  Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk