Stopping Array or Docker issues

w76

I was on unRAID 6.2.1, possibly 6.1.9 but pretty sure I'd updated to 6.2.1, and then I updated to 6.2.2. That went as normal. I rebooted.

Took a long time (I eventually went to bed) for the web interface to come back up. Doing some update to Docker I thought I'd read in some notes somewhere, didn't think much of it.

But now starting the array seems to go fine, but Docker was missing. I go to its Settings page and its listed as Stopped. Strange.

I notice this:

Oct 30 14:49:50 Tower emhttp: shcmd (360): set -o pipefail ; /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/cache/docker.img' /var/lib/docker 10 |& logger
Oct 30 14:49:50 Tower root: /mnt/cache/docker.img is in-use, cannot mount
Oct 30 14:49:50 Tower emhttp: err: shcmd: shcmd (360): exit status: 1

I try to take down the array and try it again, but it gets stuck in a loop of trying to unmount disks. "/mnt/cache: target is busy"

I've already removed several plugins, and updated to 6.3.0-rc3 hoping it'd fix a bug somewhere. No luck. I saw something in another thread suggesting re-seating the SATA cables, so I did that as well. Also took the USB stick unRAID resides on and had a Windows machine check it for errors.

Any suggestions? Any way to boot to safe mode headlessly? I'm not sure if its an unRAID issue, Docker, or something to do with the cache drive. SMART data didn't look suspicious, though.

tower-diagnostics-20161030-1454.zip

What you're going to have to do is ultimately delete the docker.img file as it is corrupted (did it completely fill up?)

Since the webUI is stuck in a loop trying to reboot, you're going to have to do this:

- From ssh/console

powerdown

- Pull the flash drive and edit the file /config/docker.cfg on the flash drive.  Change DOCKER_ENABLED="yes" to DOCKER_ENABLED="no"

- Fire the server back up

- On the settings screen, hit the advanced button then delete the docker.img

- Recreate the docker.img file

- Go to the Apps tab, the Previous Apps and reinstall all of your docker apps (all the host / container paths / ports will already be filled out for you)

- You're back in business like nothing happened.  Probably about 5-10 minutes start to finish.