Intel 2670 in 2600cp2 / 35mb/sec parity

tr0910

I have this way overpowered 6.2.4 server with a single Intel 2670 and 64mb RAM in a dual cpu Intel 2600cp2 MB

It is running very stable but with only 4 drives attached to the MB sata ports, the  parity sync speed is crazy slow. (34-38mb/sec)

I have replaced HD thinking there was a slow or failing drive causing the issues, checked bios to make sure AHCPI was active, and did many other troubleshooting.

Can somebody help me find the cause of the slow parity syncs? 

I ran unraid-tunables-tester.sh and suddenly I was running 110 mb/sec as expected, but the server locked up and when rebooted it was back to it's slow parity checks.  Rerunning tunables-tester didn't show any better options to try.

Attached is a dianostics and  a syslog from the time when the server was able to get 110mb/sec parity for a short time.

drchina1-diagnostics-20161113-1827.zip

syslog-20161112-201059.zip

Very interesting.  I have had these 203wi drives for some years but they have always been attached to a ibm1015 or mptsas card.  I have a bunch of 204ui drives that I might swap them with and see if this solves it.  Or, just quit worrying about it.  Who really cares if the parity syncs are slow....

Thanks....

Archived