Added Cache Drive, Plex can't see any new media copied to NAS *SOLVED*

bjmcintosh

I have just added a cache drive (did not have one before) to my Unraid server (V6.2.4)

I have set an existing share (call it Movies) to use the cache drive.

I had lots of media in the Movies share, which Plex running in docker on the same unraid server could see. Plex is set up to see the Movie share (in my case, I have a volume mapping of /Movie - /mnt/user/Movie/

I have not added any volume mappings since adding the cache drive - could this be an issue??

I ran mover to get the files off of the cache drive and onto the main share drives, but Plex still cannot see them.

Anyone have any ideas??

Cheers,

Brian

Yes, I did re-scan.

It is very strange - I actually added the new shared subfolder in Plex (as an additional folder to the Movies library) and Plex thinks it is empty.

This all seemed to happen just after I installed a cache drive.

I even tried to add a new path directly to the share that contains the media in Plex in Docker. Plex thinks the media folder is empty, even though there are valid video files in it.

I have attached the Unraid diagnostic file that may be of some use.

What else I can check?

Cheers,

Brian

tower-diagnostics-20161119-0746.zip

Yes, I did re-scan.

It is very strange - I actually added the new shared subfolder in Plex (as an additional folder to the Movies library) and Plex thinks it is empty.

This all seemed to happen just after I installed a cache drive.

I even tried to add a new path directly to the share that contains the media in Plex in Docker. Plex thinks the media folder is empty, even though there are valid video files in it.

I have attached the Unraid diagnostic file that may be of some use.

What else I can check?

Cheers,

Brian

Best guess is that its suspiciously similar to how docker responds when a docker utilizes media that is mounted (and improperly configured) with the Unassigned Devices plugin.

Solution is to stop and start the entire docker service from the settings tab)

BTW, looks like the cable for disk4 isn't making a real good connection.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to load a TV series and if they do not get matched, nothing shows up in the media list.

If you load a video file to Plex, and ther is no media match, you at least get an entry in the database and a file name along with a screen capture to indicate a video was found. I thought the same process happened for TV shows - apparently not.

Also, the TV series matching is pretty sensitive to naming. Once I changed the video naming convention to closer match other TV media, it was found.

So this had NOTHING to do with the addition of the cache drive.

Newbie mistake .....

Cheers,

Brian

Archived