Docker Full -

I had allocated 50G to the docker.img which ran the following Dockers:

Sickrage

Couch Potato

Deluge

Crashplan

I noticed sickrage was not updating the weekly programming so I check the status of my Dockers.  Sure enough all of the dockers were throwing up errors.  I quickly realize the docker.img is full.

I shut down my dockers and increased the allocated space to 100G.  When I reenabled the Docker.img I decided to "scrub" the docker.img.  Once complete one of my dockers had disappeared.  When I reinstalled the two missing dockers I noticed the GUI shows the docker twice.  One instance is normal and the other is "greyed out" and cannot be launched. 

So my questions are:

1) Can I limit the size of a particular docker?  I want to prevent one docker from causing all to fail when it eats up all the space.

2) Can I quickly check how much space individual docker applications using?

3) How can I fix the duplicated dockers listed in the GUI?

I had allocated 50G to the docker.img which ran the following Dockers:

Sickrage

Couch Potato

Deluge

Crashplan

I noticed sickrage was not updating the weekly programming so I check the status of my Dockers.  Sure enough all of the dockers were throwing up errors.  I quickly realize the docker.img is full.

I shut down my dockers and increased the allocated space to 100G.  When I reenabled the Docker.img I decided to "scrub" the docker.img.  Once complete one of my dockers had disappeared.  When I reinstalled the two missing dockers I noticed the GUI shows the docker twice.  One instance is normal and the other is "greyed out" and cannot be launched. 

So my questions are:

1) Can I limit the size of a particular docker?  I want to prevent one docker from causing all to fail when it eats up all the space.

2) Can I quickly check how much space individual docker applications using?

3) How can I fix the duplicated dockers listed in the GUI?

There is no way you should need 50GB for those few dockers. I have run over 10 with only 20GB and plenty to spare.

So, you are trying to address your problems the wrong way. Your dockers shouldn't be storing things inside docker.img.

Please read the entire Docker FAQ sticky. You need to figure out what you are doing wrong that is making your docker.img fill up.

After you have read the Docker FAQ come back with better questions and more information about your docker setup and we may be able to help you.

Yeah, that's definitely not normal. Mine was at 14 GB's, with 8-12 dockers after a year+, and multiple screw ups where at least one movie file ended up inside the docker image.  One or more of your dockers are creating, storing, or moving files to within the docker image, you have a filepath wrong somewhere.

Cadvisor can show you what you want I believe, can help narrow down which one is the problem, but you still need to address the actual issue, and will need to delete and recreate your docker img (less painful than it sounds, just reinstalled the dockers and everything was like it was before).