Want to install bandwith monitor on unRAID - Need help

What do you get when you type

bwm-ng

I get this:

[color=maroon]  bwm-ng v0.6 (probing every 0.500s), press 'h' for help
  input: /proc/net/dev type: rate
  -         iface                   Rx                   Tx                Total
  ==============================================================================
               lo:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
             eth0:           0.11 KB/s            0.34 KB/s            0.46 KB/s
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            total:           0.11 KB/s            0.34 KB/s            0.46 KB/s[/color]

you can find a manual page here:

http://linux.die.net/man/1/bwm-ng

Are you trying to monitor disk performance? or network performance? (default is network performance)

For disk performance I use something like this with a list of the disk devices I want to monitor:

bwm-ng -T avg -i disk -I sdf,hdb,hdc,hdd,hde,hdf,hdg,hdl,hdk,hda,sde

I then get:

[color=maroon]  bwm-ng v0.6 (probing every 0.500s), press 'h' for help
  input: disk IO type: avg (30s)
  \         iface                   Rx                   Tx                Total
  ==============================================================================
              sde:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              sdf:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              hde:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              hdf:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              hdg:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              hdk:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              hdl:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              hda:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              hdb:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              hdc:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
              hdd:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            total:           0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s            0.00 KB/s
[/color]

Have fun...

Joe L.

Finally got it installed.  Why does the file end with .gz but have to change it to .tgz to install?

It does not end with .gz. 

Look at the link I gave earlier.  It was:

http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.1/utilities/bwm-ng/0.6/bwm-ng-0.6-i486-2bj.tgz

and it ends in .tgz

You should have ended up with a file named: bwm-ng-0.6-i486-2bj.tgz

When I download the file it's ending with .gz 

Finally got it installed.  Why does the file end with .gz but have to change it to .tgz to install?

It does not end with .gz. 

Look at the link I gave earlier.  It was:

http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.1/utilities/bwm-ng/0.6/bwm-ng-0.6-i486-2bj.tgz

and it ends in .tgz

You should have ended up with a file named: bwm-ng-0.6-i486-2bj.tgz

Then your program you are using is attempting to uncompress it itself.

You should be able to right-click, save-as and download without un-compressing the file or changing the extension.

When I download the file it's ending with .gz