ReiserFS permission problems [6.2.4]

GerryGER

Hi,

I guess I got an unwanted Christmas present regarding my server. This problem shows like this:

Share is either set to Private, Secure or even Public.

I try to add new files -> You don't have the permission.

I try to delete files -> Delete window pops up "windows deletes the file"... it's still there. Or even funnier, it gets deleted, disappears from the folder... and reappears a second later. But not all shares have the problem, others work perfectly fine.

So I checked the Log and was spammed with

Dec 25 07:28:58 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md1): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 376233083. Fsck?

Dec 25 07:28:58 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md1): vs-13070 reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data of [290096 331613 0x0 SD]

over several thousand lines.

When I tried to read/delete/add a file these popped up:

Dec 25 07:27:58 Tower shfs/user: err: shfs_readdir: fstatat: FileNameX (13) Permission denied

Dec 25 07:27:58 Tower shfs/user: err: shfs_readdir: readdir_r: /mnt/disk1/X/Y (13) Permission denied

Dec 25 08:56:06 Tower shfs/user: err: shfs_mkdir: mkdir: /mnt/disk1/X/Neuer Ordner (30) Read-only file system

Oh well...

So I did the reiserfsck --fix-fixable, was then instructed to use the --rebuild-tree option. Well, I looked at the Web GUI today (left it to run overnight) now aaand "device is disabled, contends emulated". But the rebuild is still doing its thing, currently rebuilding some data after the full scan. Did the drive really fail and is doing it all on the fly from the parity drive?

Please, how bad is it Doctor?

Thanks for the great Xmas present I guess.