$129 - 2TB Hitachi Deskstar 7,200RPM 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

jlegge

I am running six of these in my Norco 4220 and the only issue I have is they run 45 to 48 degrees. All my 1.5 GB Samsungs are 33 to 36 degrees.

Your smasungs are reporting the wrong temp, that is a fact.  If you were to put in a modern Seagate or WD you would see temps much closer to the Hitachi. 

I have 2 of these in my system, one for parity and one data.  If I needed more space right now I would go ahead and purchase a couple of these, but alas I don't need the space.

I am running six of these in my Norco 4220 and the only issue I have is they run 45 to 48 degrees. All my 1.5 GB Samsungs are 33 to 36 degrees.

I'm using one of these as my parity drive.  I'm currently rebuilding a failed drive and the 2tb Hitachi is only at 30 degrees.

Have both a Samsung 2TB and a Seagate 2TB in the same case and both run cooler (5 degrees) than the Hitachi's. No issues with them and would buy them again without issue but they just run hotter than all my other drives.

Are those seagates the LP model of the full 7200RPM versions?

I have my parity drive, a Hitachi, sitting right next to a Seagate 1TB and the seagate is running at 37C while the Hitachi is running at 33C.

Archived