Ashman70 Supermicro build

Yes, one of the nice things about the Norco's is the ability to swap out the fans, something I have found is not so simple to do on the Supermicro's not to mention the fans in the host swap power supplies are not changeable I believe, so certainly more flexibility in the Norco cases.

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty loud, I have it in my small office sitting next to me, eventually I want to move it out of my office but I need to make room for it. I have an older Intel motherboard in it, model  S5500HCV and it has two quad core E5620's in it along with 48GB of ECC RAM. It all came as a package, I found it on eBay for a stupid price.

How many TB do you have with your drives?
Yes, right now the majority of my disks are 3TB, I'd like to upgrade those next from 3-4 or 3-5 depending on the cost of the disks, but as you know, the nice thing about unRAID as I can do them one at a time on my own schedule.

Solid, especially with prices becoming cheaper. That's why I'm a UnRaid user, being able to upgrade one at a time! I'd do either 5tb or 6tb disks if you can afford it. Maybe put the older disks in a a backup server.