dgaschk

"ioctl(SIOCGIFHWADDR): Bad address" appearing on Console

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Updated to 6.3.0 and the weGUI locked up overnight. SSH and share were still available. Rebooted into SAFE-mode and the line "ioctl(SIOCGIFHWADDR): Bad address" is appearing on the console every time I click on the webGUI. I think it also appears to happen on refresh. Still running is SAFE-mode.

More discussion here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=55052.0

rack-diagnostics-20170205-1525.zip

Ran Memtext overnight. There were no errors. Running in SAFE-mode and still seeing the line appear on the console with each interaction of the Web-GUI. Please help!

That message on the console is harmless.  It's happening because it's trying to get your MAC address in order to generate the Time Machine avahi service.  Not sure why that's happening just yet, but that's not the cause of your webGui hang.

That message on the console is harmless.  It's happening because it's trying to get your MAC address in order to generate the Time Machine avahi service.  Not sure why that's happening just yet, but that's not the cause of your webGui hang.

I have the same error appearing, but my GUI has never hung, so that makes sense.

I also am getting this error message after upgrading to 6.3.  I've asked some friends for whom I've built servers for if they are having the problem as well.

I do run Appleshare for Time Machine, I'll try turning that off as I'm not really using it at the moment anyhow.

Mike

I'll know tomorrow if it hangs in safe mode.

Disabling AFP makes the error message go away.  I just wanted to confirm that.

Mike

Yes that's right.  This is fixed for 6.3.1.

Edit: also this would only happen for shares exported for 'time machine'.

I'll know tomorrow if it hangs in safe mode.

No hang in SAFE-mode.