Panic Time? Not seeing any files in my Music Share

mcleanap

So, I have been running unRAID for years.  I recently upgraded to 6.2.4 because I wanted to upgrade subsonic to version 6 and use the docker by Hurricane.   I got everything working...including subsonic.  The only issue has been a DNS problem, but I am working on that.

I recently tried LibreSonic as well to test it out.  As I was trying a few things, I noticed that I could no longer see any files in my Music share when viewing in Windows File Explorer.   Other shares I have seem to still have all the files.

When I go into the unRAID GUI, and view contents of the shares, I do see the files listed.  

Any ideas why they are not showing in File Explorer?

Edited by mcleanap

I've seen this before and the one scenario that springs to mind is a duplicate share.  In Windows /mnt/user/Music and /mnt/user/music are the same thing, but as Linux is case sensitive.  The solution is to delete the EMPTY duplicate share.

Only other reason I can think of is some issue mounting the share in Windows, but I can't really help with that one as I don't use Windows any longer.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, mcleanap said:

You're exactly correct.   When I installed LibreSonic, I think it added 2 folders "music"  and "podcasts".  My original share was "Music" so I guess it was confusing them.

So how do I safely go about deleting the music - all lowercase?

It didn't add them, you did by telling it to use those paths in the volume mappings when you setup the docker. And it will add them again unless you change the volume mappings for that docker.

On a related note, for my personal protip.  Always use lowercase for everything on Linux, just makes life easier.  Can't stand it when templates have uppercase mappings in them.  Drives me mad.  Which incidentally is probably why /mnt/user/music/ got created as I did the template for that.... :P