Recommended setting when hosting VMs on unassigned disks?

DoeBoye

As the title states, UnRaid asks for a default path for VMs. Before, I used my cache drive, but now I am using two separate SSDs in unassigned devices, and am not entirely sure what to set the default as. Currently I am using "/mnt/disks/".

I've been having some VM issues since I upgraded to 6.3, and I'm trying to trouble shoot all the potential problems before I surrender and beg for help :).

Thanks!

I run my VMs on an SSD mounted with unassigned devices at /mnt/disks/SSD and have done since before v6.1, with no issues.
I also run my docker config folders on the same drive, so a subfolder for each - /mnt/disks/SSD/vms and /mnt/disks/SSD/docker

My default path for VMs is set to /mnt/disks/SSD/vms, not had any issues using this, just wanted to re-assure you

Edited by mossiemosforth

1 hour ago, mossiemosforth said:

I run my VMs on an SSD mounted with unassigned devices at /mnt/disks/SSD and have done since before v6.1, with no issues.
I also run my docker config folders on the same drive, so a subfolder for each - /mnt/disks/vms and /mnt/disks/docker

My default path for VMs is set to /mnt/disks/vms, not had any issues using this, just wanted to re-assure you

Excellent! Thanks for the reassurance! Have you tried 6.3+ yet, or are you still on 6.1.6 as your footer states?

22 hours ago, DoeBoye said:

Excellent! Thanks for the reassurance! Have you tried 6.3+ yet, or are you still on 6.1.6 as your footer states?

I can't even see my signature block in this new forum format, completely forgot about it. Updated now ;)
I've been keeping up with the releases as and when they come, currently running v6.3.2 with no issues

Edited by mossiemosforth