I changed everything!

-------
Motherboard

i7 - 6700K
Liquid cooler - Corsair H60

32 GB DDR4

1 SSD Samsung 850 PRO - 256 GB (Cache)

4x 4TB - WD Red 

My old Asus GTX 960 (invidia) ---> next month GTX 1070 ;)

-------

Now everything works fine, I can play Ghost Recon wildlands well!
But unfortunately I have a problem: If I connect a USB audio device (USB passthrough) as my Astro A40 headset, the audio becomes distorted and boring .. How can I fix?

Nice setup. Sounds good:D

Try passing through a complete USB controller. it seems when passing through an USB audio device on its own this can happen. Should be fine if you pass through the whole controller. Plus you will have hot-swap usb them as well

1 hour ago, planetwilson said:
On 25/02/2017 at 11:05 AM, gridrunner said:

Try changing your sys linux config file to add vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1

after the append part

Just out of interest - what does this do? I am attempting a new build myself at the weekend and initially will have a single GTX 950 until I can source another 750 for the Mac VM.

If your system doesn't support interrupt remapping (without it, its not possible to use passthrough ) it allows you to use unsafe interrupts. 

5 hours ago, planetwilson said:

Just out of interest - what does this do? I am attempting a new build myself at the weekend and initially will have a single GTX 950 until I can source another 750 for the Mac VM.

Certain hardware does not allow "unsafe" interrupts to occur that could cause system instability, which it would seem are required for vm's to operate using pci-e devices. So this allows them to occur. In theory it could cause crashes, but I have yet to experience one due to allowing them (knock on wood)

I use to have a link to a better description than what I just wrote, but that's sort of what it does/allows.

Archived