Help with Ubuntu VM

I am fairly new to unRAID. I have done a lot of google-fu on VMs in unRAID, but most of the support out there is for Windows or OSX.  

I am attempting to install an Ubuntu 16 vm.  I am able to "get it going" in unRAID, however, the gui is very very very slow.  Also, when ever I attempt to type any information during the initial install / setup it becomes unusable.  Random key strokes send multiple instances.  For example try and type "ubuntu" as the computer name i will get something like " ubbbbbbbbbbbbuntu".  If I delete the text and start over next time will be "ubuntttttttttttttttttttttttttttttu".  This happens for every block of text that needs to be completed.

My machine specs are as follows

i7-4790k CPU.  All of the options for virtualization are enabled.  

16GB ram

asus z97-ar mobo.

I ran virtual machines on this computer when it was my everyday windows machine with no issues. If there is any information I left out that you need please let me know.  Again I am very new to this.     

• 5 months later...

After agonizing lag and multiple unwanted repeat keyboard characters showing up, I feel compelled to share my solution so others may benefit. I'm pretty sure this is an issue isolated with the default remote viewer on unraid.

• Press the shift key after short bursts (or after each character you type) to stop the multiple character issue. This was really helpful when trying to enter user/pass combos.
  • My lag and keyboard issues usually took about 20 to 30 seconds to show up. Repeatedly closing and reloading the default VNC on Unraid allowed me to issue quick commands in short bursts of remote access time.
  • After clicking, move the cursor just a few pixels to the left or right of the button you want to select to execute the command more quickly.
  • Once you are able to get into your VM, install TeamViewer (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/) or any 3rd party remote desktop client to avoid these two issues altogether.

This problem was happening for me on a new build with latest version of unraid.