BTRFS Management plugin

I know many others have experienced crashes and out of space issues with Docker and BTRFS. 
I have managed to Fix issues with Dangling Volumes Containers and Images with scripts. (would be nice to have all that in a built in GUI.) But I am still having issues managing Subvolumes.

My /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes are ever growing. I have seen posts about log files being the cause of this but what I have is orphaned dangling subvolumes. 
I came across this suse Snapper. 
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=filesystems%3Asnapper
Which looks like it would fit many of our needs when it comes to understanding btrfs and maintaining docker. 
I am willing to give it a shot by installing one of these packages but what OS would be compatible with Unraid. 

Edited by Dallas.toth
3 minutes ago, Dallas.toth said:

I know many others have experienced crashes and out of space issues with Docker and BTRFS. 

I understand you and many others have issues, but the majority do not, and for the most part the causes and cures have been well documented.

Have you been through the typical troubleshooting processes and still have no resolution? Are you running an atypical installation that may expose problems that others don't see?

Unraid is built on slackware, if you can find a compatible package.

6 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Have you been through the typical troubleshooting processes and still have no resolution? Are you running an atypical installation that may expose problems that others don't see?

The Docker Setup I have I would say is very typical i am only running Un-raid Docker Containers no Docker Hub. The cause of my issue is when I install a Docker Container and decide I no longer need it and remove it and the container,image and the template.. It still leaves the /var/lib/docker/volumes/..... and /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/..... that were created from that Container.  As stated I have managed to find a script I can run to clean the Dangling = true volumes...Which now I only have 3 from the 100's that were in there, but in the subvolumes dir there are 300 folders many that are orphaned from old container installs. 

The Current btrfs command has the ability to list subvolumes and delete subvolumes but I need to find what subvolumes are actually orphaned/dangling.

21 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Unraid is built on slackware, if you can find a compatible package.

Thx.

It's kind of brute force, but if you have everything set up correctly there is absolutely no penalty to deleting the docker.img volume and setting up a new one. All your appdata and templates are saved elsewhere, and it only takes a minute or two per docker app to re-download it.

I suspect the ease of blowing it away and starting over is the main reason there aren't better volume management tools currently available in unraid. It's just so much easier to nuke and pave if there are problems in the image.

3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

I suspect the ease of blowing it away and starting over is the main reason there aren't better volume management tools currently available in unraid. It's just so much easier to nuke and pave if there are problems in the image.

Ya some of the posts I've seen end up with that as the final resolution. If I find anything I will be sure to follow up on this thread.