[Help] USB wont boot

Hello i been using unraid for about 2 weeks now and all was working well when my usb drive is not booting for unraid it looks like it got bent when i was moving my server i had over 6tb of data is there anyway i can use another usb device and able to get back my trial days and all my data back.

thanks.

EDIT: i do have a backup copy of the most recent flash drive with the data but i am assuming if i plug it in ill loose my data. because this usb will have a different guid.

Edited by thegeneral
20 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Go ahead and use the backup copy. Delete the existing trial key in the config folder, because, like you said, it belongs to the old GUID. The array will come up just like it was, your data will be fine as soon as you get a new trial key for the new GUID.

ok i deleted the key file but when i booted the server backup it still shows my old registered guid. and i dont see anything about getting a new trial key

11 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It's not possible to transfer a trial key.

Either start with a blank flash a get a new trial key, you won't lose your data, just any config changes, or register a new or old key and you can use your old config.

So you can't transfer your config changes to a new trial key? I assumed if you booted a fresh unregistered key you could get a new trial and still keep your old config as long as you deleted the trial key that belonged to the old GUID.

1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

So you can't transfer your config changes to a new trial key?

Nope, I though so too, but the same happened to another user I was trying to help and later Tom confirmed, it makes sense, since it's not uncommon for anyone to have 5 or 6 flash drives and with each trial allowing 2 months you could easily use unRAID for free for a hole year.

So, the way I see it the OP @thegeneral has 2 choices. Either set up a new trial key and manually assign the disks to the correct slots, or buy a license using the new trial key and then copy the existing backed up config over to the newly licensed trial key.

Either way, no data will be lost from the drives, but any users, security, special share configurations, docker setups, etc will need to be redone if using a new trial.

Does that about sum it up?