Power loss when server was on, lost connection to server

Michael St.Pierre

Let me start by stating I am a bonehead for not having the server on UPS.  With that out of the way, my power went out and my server was on.  After the power came back on, I went into the server to see if was performing as expected and saw that the system was performing a parity check and everything else looked ok.  The parity check was ~ 10 % complete and then the power went out again.  Not good.  Now the communication to my server is lost and the network doesn't see the tower.  I changed the USB stick to my spare and made sure the boot up was set to the USB and restarted the system to no avail.  I am concerned for the loss of communication as well as a potential loss of my data.  Can anyone help me?  I am a novice user, if you could please dumb down the answers so I may understand them, I would be greatly appreciative. 

Thanks a million,

Michael

Hi Squid,  Thanks for offering your expertise.  I set up the monitor and the keyboard and I put the power to the server on.  The only options it gave me was to hit "del" to run setup or "TAB" to display BIOS Post Message.  I hit the "del" button and went into the BIOS Setup Utility and I didn't see a GUI mode option in any of the tabs in that utility.  I did see a message during the boot up that there was "no physical disk".  Should I be concerned with that message...?  After that message, there was a flashing cursor on a black screen and I couldn't type anything in.

I really appreciate your help.

Michael

Archived