SMB Share Problems

Hi,

Recently I noticed problems when trying to browse my Media user share from either my phone or my OSX computer.

I started poking around today and noticed that its organized correctly when I view through the unraid web interface. 

Also it is viewable through the AFP share on my Mac

I cant view the same share through :

1. OSX

2.My android phone

3. Windows 7 computer

4. My librelec Kodi box

So I am assuming something is wrong with my SMB sharing? I have tried rebooting, and enabling and disabling the NFS and SMB exports in the share settings.

I cant even connect to the Unraid box though any of the previous devices - just my Mac and the AFP shares.

Thanks for reading - any ideas?

Start by reading through this thread:

I will say this--- When SMB works, that is the happy situation.  When it doesn't work, it is like a bag of poisonous snakes that you are reaching into trying to separate them.  Be sure that you start out with all shares being 'Public'.  (If you absolutely need additional security, you can implement it after you have everything working with Public access. that way you will reduce the number of variables in the mix at any one time.)

Please post back in this thread, not the one I provided the link to in this post.

Thanks so much for your help.

I am working through various solutions.

I have tried or confirmed:

• all devices are using 'WORKGROUP'
  • installed Local Master Plugin - on reboot it had been my Kodi Machine, it is now NAS(My unraid machine)
  • Changed SMB extra to be the following:
[global]
security = USER
guest account = nobody
public = yes
guest ok = yes
map to guest = bad user
ntlm auth = yes
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
os level = 255
log level=2
syslog=3

After changing the settings shown above. I am now getting two red errors in my log:

nas smbd[23620]: INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 23620 (4.5.10)

and

nas smbd[23620]: PANIC (pid 23620): internal error

And the following 'Yellow' warnings:

nas smbd[1486]: WARNING: The "null passwords" option is deprecated

nas smbd[1486]: WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated

I am going to keep looking into this, hoping someone recognizes the problem in the meantime

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

security = USER

guest account = nobody

public = yes

guest ok = yes

map to guest = bad user

ntlm auth = yes

Why are these six lines in your smb-extra.conf  file (or the SMB Extras tab)?  Some of these are in either smb.conf or smb-names.conf.  I had assumed that you were a beginner going through his first exposure to SMB. 

Try booting into safe mode (which does not load any plugins), from the boot menu, and see if SMB works ..... The last time I saw a user having strange problems with SMB not working it was due to a plugin loading a different version of a library than what was in the base OS.

Also if you have anything added to your go file try commenting it out.